Have you joined the The Frugal Navy Wife on Facebook? Join over 19,000 others, make friends and share deals you find!
So another part of saving money is being able to make the most of you money. Im gonna share a few recipies weekly some $5 or under and some really Frugal ones!!
Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken
2 lbs drumsticks ($2.03) $.99/lb sale
1/4 cup dijon mustard ($.25)
1 tsp cider or white vinegar ($.01)
1/4 cup honey ($.50)
1 large yellow squash ($.50) Farmer’s market
1 Tbsp olive oil ($.10)
Salt and pepper to taste
Rolls from the freezer ($1.19) Manager’s Special!
1. Set drumsticks into a dish for marinating.
2. Prepare the honey mustard dressing. Add the dijon mustard and vinegar to a small bowl. Pour in the honey. And whisk until well blended.
Brush the honey mustard marinade onto the chicken drumsticks and let sit for at least 30 minutes. Grill the marinated drumsticks on all sides for a few minutes, or until cooked through.
Note: This marinade would work wonderfully with chicken thighs, split breasts, and boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
3. Steam saute the yellow squash.
4. Warm the rolls. Serve with butter and jam if desired.
5. Serve Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken with Steam Sauteed Squash and bread.