Have you joined the The Frugal Navy Wife on Facebook? Join over 19,000 others, make friends and share deals you find!
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar ($.05)
1 tsp brown sugar ($.01)
Salt and pepper
4 frozen tilapia fillets ($2.99)
1 1/2 cup brown rice ($.60)
1 acorn squash ($.99)
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened ($.40)
1/4 cup honey ($.40)
Dash of cinnamon and ginger ($.05)
1. In a small bowl, whisk or stir the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar with a few dashes of salt and pepper.
2. Place the thawed fish fillets onto a piece of foil that is large enough to wrap completely around the fish. Pour the sweet balsamic sauce evenly over the fish fillets and then wrap the foil tightly around fish.
3. Place the foil packets in the base of the slow cooker and set on low and cook for 2-4 hours. Fish will be white and flaky when it is cooked.
4. Cook the rice as directed on the package.
5. Make Honey Roasted Acorn Squash.
6. Serve Sweet Balsamic Tilapia with Brown Rice and Honey Roasted Acorn Squash.