Have you joined the The Frugal Navy Wife on Facebook? Join over 19,000 others, make friends and share deals you find!
- 1 cuppacked brown sugar
- 2/3cupcherry-flavor cola
- 2 tablespoonslemon juice
- 1 tablespoondry mustard
- 1 5 – 5 1/2poundcooked boneless ham
- 1/4cupcold water
- 2 tablespoonscornstarch
- 1 tablespoonprepared horseradish
- Fresh sage leaves (optional)
1. In a 5-1/2- or 6-quart slow cooker, combine brown sugar, cola, lemon juice, and mustard. Add ham, turning to coat. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 9 hours.
2. Transfer ham to a platter; cover to keep warm. In a small saucepan, stir together the water and cornstarch. Add cooking juices from cooker. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in horseradish. Slice ham and serve with sauce. If desired, garnish with sage leaves. Makes 20 to 24 servings.