This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
I love cooking in my crock pot. It's easy toss it together in the morning and forget about it and come dinner time you ahve a great meal. It's even more important to me being in the RV it's super asy to cook dinner. A few years ago my local grocery store had a huge sale on chicken thighs, $4.50 for 10lb which was about 6 meals for my family. We stocked up with about 40 lbs and I hunted down recipes. This one is one that we fell in love with.
Crock Pot Chicken Thighs with Potatoes & Carrots
3-4 lb Chicken Thighs
2 lb Red Potatoes, quartered
1 lb Baby Carrots
1 large Onion, roughly chopped
1 tbsp minced Garlic
1 tsp Thyme Leaves
1 tbsp Paprika
2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Black Pepper
3 cup Chicken Broth
3 tsp Cornstarch
3 tsp Water
Season thighs on all sides with salt, pepper and paprika.
You can optionally brown thighs in a skillet to add flavor.
- 3-4 lb Chicken Thighs
- 2 lb Red Potatoes, quartered
- 1 lb Baby Carrots
- 1 large Onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Thyme Leaves
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 cup Chicken Broth
- 3 tsp Cornstarch
- 3 tsp Water
- Season thighs on all sides with salt, pepper and paprika.
- You can optionally brown thighs in a skillet to add flavor.
- Layer potatoes, carrots and onions in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle garlic and thyme over vegetables.
- Place chicken on top of vegetables.
- Add broth to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4.
- Thighs should be so tender they are nearly falling apart.
- Mix cornstarch and water together to make a slurry and add to slow cooker to thicken broth.
I am a Wife, mom to 4 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- Perfect DIY Gift for Grandma From Operation Rocker and Cracker Barrel - August 19, 2017
- 17 Must Try Chinese Food Recipes You Can Make at Home - August 18, 2017
- The Most Amazing Kiwi Cream Tarts - August 16, 2017