This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
I recently saw this designer look and loved it! It was perfect for an event I had and great for conferences too. Or our anniversary dinner…but there was no way I could justify to hubby spending almost $1,100 an outfit. Do you think the IRS would let me write it off as a business expense? Yeah, probably not. So I went on a hunt to recreate this look on a budget that wouldn't put ME in the dog house.
Designer Look for Less – Cobalt Summer Dress
I won't lie these shoes have become my go-to shoes they match everyday clothes and dress up outfits like this too! I can't believe they were only $20 I found other ‘brand name' ones that cost $50 or more! I also listed 2 clutches that work with this look. For budget purposes, you would want to go with the Buxton Crocodile Convertible Flap Clutch, but I feel in love with the Mellow World Vera Embroidered Clutch. Mostly because of the Roses on it and we call my youngest Rose.
So to afford the more expensive clutch, I realized I don't need the earrings or bracelet because I have ones that will work.
I will admit I'm not a fan of scarfs on me, anyway, but hubby convinced me to try it at least once, and he likes it, so I wear it every once in a while.
The Expensive Designer Look:
- Felicity and Coco Crepe Shift Dress – $88.00
- Nordstrom Spliced Print Scarf – $98.00
- Michael Kors Josephine Wedge Sandals – $149.90
- Tory Burch Britton Leather Clutch – $350.00
- Argento Vivo Drop Earrings – $48.00
- Anna Beck Gili Bangle Bracelets – $358.00
- Candie's Bar Back Dress – $19.99
- Apt 9 Brushed Floral Scarf – $11.99
- Women's Wonder Crossband Wedge – $19.99
- Mellow World Vera Embroidered Clutch – $52.99 OR Buxton Crocodile Convertible Flap Clutch – $28.00
- Dana Buchman Hammered Disc Earrings – $10.80
- LC Conrad Twist Bangle Bracelets – $12.60
What do you think? This Cobalt color seems to be big this summer, and I love this look! What events would you wear this outfit too?
Leave us a Comment
I am a Wife, mom to 4 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- 25 Must Try Thanksgiving Turkey Leftover Recipes - November 17, 2017
- 62+ of the Top Advent Calendars (Perfect for Gifts!) - November 15, 2017
- 21 Amazingly Perfect Gift Ideas for a Newborn Baby - November 13, 2017