This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
I love making meals that take only one pot to make. This means ONE pot to clean, ONE pot to put away and that makes ONE happy mommy!
Easy One Pot Pepperoni Pizza Pasta
This recipe is also great for an easy weeknight meal; it's quick and easy, and like I said, 1 pot means less to clean, and sooner you can get to bed…. or Netflix. Let's be honest once kids are in bed, it's Netflix binge time. Well for me at least!
1 lb Ground Beef
1 small Onion, diced
40 slices Pepperoni
24 oz jar Spaghetti Sauce
3 cup Penne Pasta
2 cup Water
1 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella
Brown ground beef and onion in a large, oven-proof skillet and drain excess fat. I like using my cast iron skillets for this.
Add 25 slices of pepperoni and spaghetti sauce.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes until the most of the liquid is absorbed and pasta is tender. Remember you can always add a bit of water if need, just don't add too much.
Remove lid and sprinkle top with cheese and remaining pepperoni.
That it! Serve it and trust me, tell the kids that anything is pizza flavored, and they will scarf it down. So when you tell them you are having pizza pasta, they will be in heaven! Plus if you want to be sneaky you can add in some veggies, even puree them and put them in the sauce. My kids tend to like black olives, so I will add them, but anything green gets pureed into the sauce. I like sneaking in green peppers this way. It adds a great taste and my kids know the difference!
What are some f your favorite one pot recipes?
More Easy Weeknight Meals
See even more Easy Meals
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 small Onion, diced
- 40 slices Pepperoni
- 24 oz jar Spaghetti Sauce
- 3 cup Penne Pasta
- 2 cup Water
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella
- Brown ground beef and onion in a large, oven proof skillet and drain excess fat.
- Add 25 slices of pepperoni and spaghetti sauce.
- Add pasta and water, stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes until the most of the liquid is absorbed and pasta is tender.
- Remove lid and sprinkle top with cheese and remaining pepperoni.
- Broil until the cheese is lightly browned.
Leave us a Comment
I am a Wife, mom to 4 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- Pumpkin Spice Cake Balls Recipe with a Caramel Sauce Drizzle - October 20, 2017
- Walmart Brings in Ling Ling Fried Rice®, Noodles, and Dumplings - October 20, 2017
- Disney Family Halloween Costume Ideas – Cinderella, Frozen, Snow White & Little Mermaid - October 17, 2017