Homemade Foaming Soap Trick That Saves You Money!
Hand soap is something we all need and use on a regular basis (I hope!) Well I have to say I am a fan of foaming soap it seems less ‘goopy’ (is that even a word?!) then regular hand soap. Plus my kids like it and are amazed by it so it’s a bit of an incentive to wash their hands. But foaming soap can cost more than regular soap. I’m not sure why when you can make your own and save a TON of money doing it!
How you might ask? Well the average bottle of foaming hand soap (without coupons) is about $3. You can get a bottle of regular hand soap for $1.47 on Amazon (no coupons). Using my trick below you can get on the LOW end 5 bottles of foaming hand soap (I tend to get 6-8). So for 5 bottles of foaming hand soap you are now paying 29¢ a bottle saving $2.71 a bottle. I figure with 6 of us in the house + guests in and out and having hand soap at 5 different location in the house (3 bathrooms, the kitchen and the laundry room sink) We go thru about 6 bottles a month (remember young kids that play as they wash their hands) At $3 a bottle we would be paying $216 a year. With this trick we now only spend about $21 a savings of $195 a year!
What You Need
- Liquid Hand Soap Don’t use the thick & creamy soaps. The clear-based soaps foam best!
- 1 Empty Foaming Hand Soap Bottle (ask friends and family for their empties!)
What You Will Do:
- Fill the Empty Foaming Soap Bottle with approx. 1 inch of your liquid hand soap
- Slowly fill the rest of the bottle with tap water.
- Put lid back on, and gently tip upside down & side to side to mix.
- Don’t shake (it will get too sudsy)
I am a Wife, mom to 4 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- Easy Peach Cobbler Cinnamon Coffee Cake - August 26, 2016
- How to Fuel Your Family + My Husband’s Favorite Sandwich Recipe - August 25, 2016
- Outlet Shopping – How to Save Money at Retail Outlet Stores - August 24, 2016