This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
This Loaded Baked Potato Soup is comfort food at its best-two classic cold weather foods combined to warm you from the inside out. Creamy and delicious its a perfect centerpiece for a winter dinner, serve alongside a crusty or soft bread. Meaty pieces of bacon swimming in a cream based soup, joined by sharp cheddar cheese and hearty potatoes for a meal that will satisfy everyone from the hubby to the kids.
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- 6-8 medium to large red potatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth/stock
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3-6 pieces of cooked bacon
- 1 stick of of butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1-8 oz. container of sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tsp. garlic salt
- Peel, and cube potatoes.
- Place in a heat safe dish, and microwave for 8-10 minutes until fork tender.
- Mash a bit with fork, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt butter over medium-high heat, stir in flour until well combined.
- Whisk in broth and milk, bring to a boil,reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add cheese and sour cream, whisk thoroughly.
- Stir in potatoes, garlic salt and bacon.
- Allow soup to simmer on low for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve topped with additional shredded cheese, bacon pieces, or fresh chopped scallions.
I am a Wife, mom to 4 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.