This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
Growing up my favorite summer drink was anything in slushie form! As an adult, this hasn't changed, and that is why this slushie margarita recipe is one that I pull put every summer! Plus I am slightly partial that this is by far the best margarita recipe out there, but then again that's just me!
Best Margarita Recipe – Easy Slushie Margarita Recipe
So fun fact. On my 21st birthday, I had my first margarita, and I took a sip and spat it back out. It was horrible, and I thought I just didn't like margaritas and didn't have another one for years. Then a friend of mine made me try one of hers, and it was so much better! The recipe makes all the difference! Crazy right?
SO what makes the difference in the recipe? Not too much triple sec, using the right tequila, and fresh limes juice! Here is one of my favorite margarita recipes, it is also the based for any flavored margaritas I do, like strawberry!
Moms, do you find your kids wanting some of your ‘mommy only drink'? You can make them this Stars and Stripes Mocktail that looks even cooler than mommy's drink!
This recipe makes enough for 4 to 5 servings.
3 cups ice
2/3 cup tequila
1/3 cup triple sec
3/4 cup lime juice (juice from 3 limes)
1/4 cup simple syrup
Margarita salt, for rims
Lime wheels, for garnish
If using fresh lime juice (I suggest you do!), juice three limes and set the liquid aside.
Rub one of the juiced limes along the rims of your serving glasses.
Dip each rim into a small plate of margarita salt to evenly coat all along each rim. Chill the glasses for 20 minutes.
In a blender, add the ice, tequila, triple sec, lime juice and simple syrup. Blend until the consistency resembles a slushy.
Pour into your chilled glasses and garnish with a lime wheel.
- 3 cups ice
- 2/3 cup tequila
- 1/3 cup triple sec
- 3/4 cup lime juice (juice from 3 limes)
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- Margarita salt, for rims
- Lime wheels, for garnish
- If using fresh lime juice, juice 3 limes and set the liquid aside.
- Rub one of the juiced limes along the rims of your serving glasses.
- Dip each rim into a small plate of margarita salt to evenly coat all along each rim. Chill the glasses for 20 minutes.
- In a blender, add the ice, tequila, triple sec, lime juice and simple syrup. Blend until the consistency resembles a slushy.
- Pour into your chilled glasses and garnish with a lime wheel.
I am a Wife, mom to 4 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- Fun Tips to Get Your Kids Excited for Back to School - July 18, 2017
- Best Margarita Recipe – Easy Slushie Margarita Recipe - July 14, 2017
- Creative Play – Tips for Helping Your Child Use Their Imagination - July 11, 2017