So I don’t know about you but I always buy too many candy canes for Christmas. Now I’m sitting here trying to figure out what the heck to do with them! One of the recipes that my kids ask for every year are these Peppermint Brownies! One year we ate all the candy canes and my kids wanted these brownies they were so upset! I was able to use Andes mints instead but ever since they have made sure to save a few candy canes just to have these brownies!
1/4 cup homemade brown sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup flour
1-3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
2 tablespoons peppermint extract
1/2 cup white chocolate m&ms
1/2 cup peppermint Andes mints / or Candy Canes
1. Grease your 9×9 baking pan with butter or a non-stick cooking spray, preheat your oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl, combine your butter and sugars and mix well
3. Now add in your flour, cocoa powder, and peppermint extract and mix again
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1-3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 tablespoons peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup white chocolate m&ms
- 1/2 cup peppermint Andes mints / or Candy Canes
- Grease your 9x9 baking pan with butter or a non-stick cooking spray, preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine your butter and sugars and mix well
- Now add in your flour, cocoa powder, and peppermint extract and mix again
- Lastly, add in your M&M's and most of your peppermint Andes mints
- Pour your batter into your pan and top of with a the rest of your Andes mints
- Bake for 25 minutes, let cool, slice, and enjoy!
I am a Wife, mom to 4 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- Pumpkin Spice Recipe – How to Make Pumpkin Whoopie Pies Recipe - September 30, 2016
- Easy DIY Flintstones Costumes – Fred and Wilma Costume - September 28, 2016
- 4 Easy Ways to Make a House Feel Like a Home - September 27, 2016