This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
Summer time brings kiwi's and my kids love them. My 2 year old calls them the hairy fruit! I had these Kiwi Tarts with a mixture of other fruit tart recipes, at a picnic one time and LOVED them. I re created them and have been in love with them ever since!
Tart Recipes – The Most Amazing Kiwi Cream Tarts
Kiwi is such a fun fruit! Packed with vitamins, it's also a welcoming boost of green to your next party spread. With these lightly sweetened pastry tarts and cream mixture, guests will not be able to pass up these tasty finger desserts.
To make these tarts you will need a mini muffin pan and I highly recommend a silicone mini muffin pan as they are easier to clean and make the muffins come out better!
If you are a kiwi fan make sure to check out our fun summer Kiwi Fruit Popsicles as well. My kids love them and they are much healthier than store bought! They are the perfect way to cool off in the summer!
Basic Tart Recipe:
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup all purpose flour
4 tablespoons sugar
Preheat oven to 450F
Beat cream cheese, butter, and sugar until smooth. Add flour and mix until dough forms. Cover and chill one hour, or overnight.
Shape dough into 1″ balls and place in an ungreased mini muffin pan. Using a tart shaper dipped in flour, press into tart shape.
Pierce bottom of tart with a fork and bake 10-12 minutes. Cool completely.
8 ounces / 1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
2 kiwi, peeled and thinly sliced – cut in half and then slice and cut each slice into fourths.
Whisk heavy whipping cream and sugar in a mixer for about 2 minutes or until stiff. Spoon filling into prepared tarts and top with kiwi.
Refrigerate before serving. Makes 20 tarts.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces / 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 kiwi, peeled and thinly sliced - cut in half and then slice and cut each slice into fourths.
- Preheat oven to 450
- Beat cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth. Add flour and mix until dough forms. Cover and chill one hour, or overnight.
- Shape dough into 1" balls and place in an ungreased mini muffin pan. Using a tart shaper dipped in flour, press into tart shape.
- Pierce bottom of tart with a fork and bake 10-12 minutes. Cool completely.
- Whisk heavy whipping cream and sugar in a mixer for about 2 minutes or until stiff. Spoon filling into prepared tarts and top with kiwi.
- Refrigerate before serving. Makes 20 tarts.
I am a Wife, mom to 4 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- Fun Educational Math Activities – Try This Bicycle Math - September 18, 2017
- Amazing Homemade Uncrustables to Try Right Now - September 15, 2017
- Bonding with Baby and Staying Hands-free – Tips You Need - September 14, 2017