This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
Ok I know I'm late to the game, but I hadn't experienced the benefits of Essential Oils until recently. We came to Florida, and it had been years since I've lived in there so my allergies hit me full force! Then I was introduced to the woman behind Essential 7 oils, and she had me try lavender oil on me and the kiddos and overnight we saw an improvement! Then I started seeing all this other stuff this one bottle of oil can do! I was shocked! So here are 28 things Lavender Oil can help with plus a bonus idea for parents!
28 Amazing Uses for Lavender Oil
Just a note you should always dilute the oil in a carrier oil I like using Essential 7 oils Fractioned Coconut oil.
- Calming – Lavender is most known for its calming effects apply a few drop in the palms of your hands and inhale deeply for help relaxing. You can also apply some to your wrists and feet to help calm your body.
- Aching Muscles – Add Epsom salts and a few drops of lavender oil to a warm bath can help ease aching muscles.
- Sleep Aid – Apply a couple of drops in your hands then smooth on your pillow if you are having trouble sleeping. This can help you get to sleep by relaxing your body.
- Acne – Using a few drops of your plain cream or moisturizer can help get rid of acne and help keep it under control.
- Bee sting or Bug Bite – Apply a drop of Lavender Oil mixed in a carrier oil to a bug bite can stop itching and help reduce swelling.
- An Earache – Warm the lavender oil in hot water for a few minutes then apply a few drops of lavender oil into a few drops of a carrier oil (coconut oil, olive oil,) and apply behind the ear and throat.
- Minor Burn – 2-3 drops of Lavender oil in a carrier on a minor burn can help reduce pain.
- Eczema – Add a few drops of lavender oil to a carrier oil and apply onto the dry and itchy skin.
- Cuts and Scraps – A drop of lavender oil on cuts and scrapes can help stop bleeding, clean the wounds and kill bacteria.
- Fatigue – Add five drops of lavender oil to a hot foot bath and soak your feet while relaxing. This can help stimulate the systems of your body and give you a boost.
- Nausea and Motion Sickness – Placing a drop of lavender on the tip of your tongue and behind the ears can help relieve nausea and motion sickness.
- Fevers – Add one drop of lavender oil to a tepid bowl of water and sponge bath with it taking care not to get a chill. This can help with a fever.
- Stop a bleeding nose – Put a drop of lavender oil on a tissue and twist it around an ice cube and hold it under your nose until bleeding stops or it is no longer conferrable, don’t freeze your skin, though!
- A headache – Soaking a piece of cloth in icy water and sprinkling a few drops of lavender oil on it then try applying to your forehead, it can help with headaches.
- Heal Dry or Chapped Skin – Apply a drop of lavender oil in a carrier oil on dry or chapped skin to heal your skin.
- Chapped Lips – Same as above, apply a drop of lavender oil in a carrier oil on them. You can also make this Lavender Honey homemade chapstick.
- Menstrual Cramps – You can try massage a few drops of lavender oil in a carrier oil into your lower abdomen and then trying a hot compress on the area.
- Hay Fever – Placing a drop of Lavender oil between your palms and inhaling deeply can relieve symptoms of hay fever
- Bug Repellent – Moths, Midges and Mosquitos are known to hate the smell of lavender. You can help prevent bites by getting a spray bottle of water and adding a few drops of lavender to it and shaking it up then spraying yourself.
- Dandruff – Rubbing a few drop of lavender oil and carrier oil into the scalp can help relieve dandruff.
- Cold Sores – Placing a drop of lavender oil in a carrier oil on a cold sore can help shorten healing times.
- Scars – Try applying some oil on the scar tissue, it can help promote healing and reduce the appearance of scars.
- Wrinkles – For the same reason above lavender oil can help diminish wrinkles.
- Bruises – Apply a few drop of Lavender oil in a carrier oil around and on the bruise and help with blood flow and this can help heal the bruise faster.
- Remove Germs – Diffusing lavender oil in your home can help clear germs and orders. It's great to clean the air after someone has been sick.
- Stretch Marks – Applying into the skin can help prevent stretch marks or help decrease the appearance of existing stretch marks.
- Allergies – Applying a few drops to the palm of you hands inhaling can help reduce allergies.
- A cough and Sore Throat – Rub a few drops in your palms and inhale, this can help with a cough and sore throat.
Bonus: Monster Spray – Get a spray bottle and fill with water and a drop or two of lavender oil to fight off ‘monsters' when kids won't sleep. Because ‘monster' are allergic to lavender and they won't enter the room with the monster spray. My kids love this one!
Leave us a Comment
I am a Wife, mom to 4 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- How to Smile More this Holiday Season - December 17, 2017
- How to Decorate Your Home for the Holidays on a Budget - December 12, 2017
- 20 Christmas Cookies Recipes - December 11, 2017