This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
Are you as addicted to HGTVs Fixer Upper with Joanna Gaines as I am? She had such great style! I'd love for her to come and redo my living room but sadly I know the cost on something like that! This farmhouse living room is my favorite fixer upper HGTV living room!
Farmhouse Living Room – Fixer Upper HGTV Living Room
I love her rustic style and how she upcycles many pieces. This look is easy to create you can take your current sofa which would be your biggest expense and just change it with a slip cover. A simple slipcover and change the whole look of your room! I am LOVING the color of the shutters in my design.
Here is the inspiration room.
My biggest dilemma is figuring out what color to paint the walls! Any ideas?
You can get these items at both Target and Amazon. Make sure to use my 45 places to get free Amazon gift cards to score some pieces for free! Many sites also pay out in Target gift cards as well.
- Surefit Suede Sofa Slipcover (Target) – $58.49
- Threshold Mixville Anywhere Chair (Target) – $139.99
- Farmhouse Coffee Table (Target) – $224.99
- Threshold Jute Area Rug (Target) – $179.99
- Vinyl Louvered Shutters, Wedgewood Blue (Amazon) – $80.32
- Threshold Double Socket Floor Lamp (Target) – $69.99
- Moroccan Accent Stool (Amazon) – $42.15
- Jute Burlap Throw Pillow (Amazon) – $16.00
- Country House Collection Burlap Pillow (Amazon) – $11.32
- Country Rustic Wire Hanging Baskets (Amazon) – $19.99
- Skalny Round Galvanized Bucket (Amazon) – $66.99
- Nearly Natural Lilac Arrangement (Target) – $45.04
- Nearly Natural Large Gladiola Arrangement (Target) – $64.59
What do you think of this farmhouse living room design? I love the idea of using a slip cover for a couch. If you need a new couch check out a thrift store first and find one with the lines you like. Or if you are feeling really adventurous reupholster the couch yourself. There are tons of DIY videos showing you step by step!
Looking for some more great designs? Check out these West Elm Living Rooms for less.
I am a mom to 5 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.