This is a sponsored conversation between The Frugal Navy Wife and Outback Steakhouse. All opinion remain my own.
Most of you know that my husband is a Veteran. What you may not know is how to support a Veteran in your life. With Veteran’s Day quickly approaching, it can be hard to know how to tell them thank you, without being overbearing. Well, here are some tips for supporting the Veteran in your life.
A simple “thank you”
If you can’t think of any way to support the Veteran in your life, a simple thank you will do. It doesn’t need to be awkward or elaborate. You could say “thank you for serving.” You’d be surprised how a thank you like this can go a long way.
Write a thank you card
Maybe you’re shy and don’t really know what to say to a Veteran, which is why a thank you card goes so far. You can get your whole family involved in writing cards to Veterans. It’s amazing how much a small gesture means to those who have served our country.
Head to Outback Steakhouse
One of my favorite ways to show a Veteran how much we care is by heading to Outback Steakhouse. They’re joining forces with Operation Homefront. If you don’t know what Operation Homefront is, it’s a nonprofit that essentially supports strong secure military families. Check out these ways you can help!
- For every purchase of a Foster’s Lager Big Bloke, MillerCoors* will donate $1 to Operation Homefront
- For every purchase of Outback’s New Patriotic Punch, Outback** will donate $1 to Operation Homefront
- A $1 can be added to your check to be donated directly to Operation Homefront
- Your’ donation of $5 or more will be used to purchase Outback gift cards that will be shared with military families by Operation Homefront
How awesome is all this? This is all happening between November 8, 2017 and January 2, 2018, so don’t miss out on ways you can support a Veteran.
Outback Steakhouse gives back
I love Outback Steakhouse because they’re always going above and beyond. Check out these Outback Steakhouse Veterans Deals. Saying thank you to a Veteran is on the top of their list.
- On Veterans Day, November 11, Outback is thanking Veterans with a free Bloomin’ Onion and a beverage
- Beginning November 12 through November 16, military members will receive 20% off their check
- Beginning November 17, Military, Fire and Police heroes will receive 10% off their check
Head to your local Outback Steakhouse to support a local Veteran and get in on these freebies, as a Veteran.