This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
Each year we like to share the meaning of Christmas with our kids. We have done fun Christmas stories in the past but this year wanted to focus more on the Christside of Christmas. In doing so we are not only making family time for the ABC Family 25 Day of Christmas movies we are also doing our own 25 days of Christmas Books that share different aspects of Christmas. We aren’t reading them in any order we will actually stack them on our book shelf and let the kids pick one each night to read before bed .
25 Days of Christmas Books for Children
We will also be working thru Getting Ready for Christmas by Yolanda Browne, this is a daily advent prayer & activity book for the family.
- God Gave Us Christmas by Lisa Tawn Bergren
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS by Michelle Medlock Adams
- Humphrey’s First Christmas by Carol Heyer
- Santa’s Favorite Story: Santa Tells the Story of the First Christmas by Hisako Aoki
- The Christmas Story by Jane Werner Watson
- Song of the Stars: A Christmas Story by Sally Lloyd-Jones
- Legend of the Christmas Stocking by Rick Osborne
- Silent Night: The Song and Its Story by Margaret Hodges
- The Carpenter’s Gift: A Christmas Tale about the Rockefeller Center Tree by David Rubel
- Children Around the World Celebrate Christmas! by Susan Titus Osborn
- Christmas in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- The Berenstain Bears Get Ready for Christmas by Jan Berenstain and Mike Berenstain
- The Berenstain Bears Save Christmas by Jan Berenstain and Stan Berenstain
- The Berenstain Bears and the Joy of Giving by Jan Berenstain and Mike Berenstain
- The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg
- Christmas Day in the Morning by Pearl S. Buck
- Lighthouse Christmas by Toni Buzzeo
- The Parable Series: The Pine Tree Parable by Liz Curtis Higgs
- One Shining Star: A Christmas Counting Book by Anne Vittur Kennedy
- Christmas in the Manger Board Book by Nola Buck
- The Nativity by Julie Vivas
- The Twelve Days of Christmas by Jan Brett
- The Spirit of Christmas by Nancy Tillman
- Christmas Is… by Gail Gibbons
- Jesus, Me, and My Christmas Tree by Crystal Bowman and Claudine Gévry
Here are some other book we have used in previous years but aren’t using this year.
- Father and Son: A Nativity Story by Geraldine McCaughrean
- Miracle of the Poinsettia by Brian Cavanaugh
- The Nutcracker by Susan Jeffers
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas! by Dr. Seuss
- The Night Before Christmas by Clement Clarke Moore
- The Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree: An Appalachian Story by Gloria Houston
- The Christmas Sweater: A Picture Book by Glenn Beck
- Snowmen at Christmas by Caralyn Buehner
- The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Wendy Pfeffer
I am a mom to 5 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- DIY Valentines From Popsicle Sticks – I Love You to Pieces Valentine - January 24, 2020
- Easy Valentine’s Day Button Heart Popsicle Stick Frame Craft - January 20, 2020
- 10 Super Cute and Fun Super Bowl Party Ideas - January 17, 2020