This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
Does the thought of Black Friday Shopping make your head spin? Do you feel lost when heading out at the crack of dawn? I have a few tips here from a veteran Black Friday shopper that will help you have a more successful trip this year. Breathe deep, drink your coffee, and relax- Happy Shopping!
7 Tips For Successful Black Friday Shopping
- Follow me on Facebook– and here on the blog (subscribe to our daily newsletter) for the hottest items, best prices, last minute sales, door busters, and more. Even if you aren’t going out of the house and plan on shopping exclusively online I can help you scout out the best of the best sales. Also follow the Facebook deal group.
- Pour over the ads– This gives you an idea of where the best sales are, who has the items you're looking for, and when their doors open. Take them with you for reference.
- Make Lists– First I make a list of everyone I want to buy for. Some I have specific ideas in mind for, others I jot notes next to their name like; Uncle Joe- Loves fishing, flannel shirts,etc. This way while looking at the ads I can keep everyone in mind, and chose gifts accordingly.
- Plot out your Route– First decide whether you want to hit the store that has the most items you want for a good deal, the one that has THE must have deal, or go in order of distance- Try to plot out a route that makes geographic sense. Go to the store furthest from home on your list and work your way back. Once you have your store route set, you will want to make note of where things are in the store, this doesnt always work however as some stores have door busters and
- Get there early- You dont have to camp out 3 days in advance here, but I would recommend getting to your first store an absolute minimum of one hour before they open. Stake out a good spot, get comfy, try not to drink too much (there may not be a bathroom handy), bring a book or tablet to keep you busy- or friends are even better.
- Dress Comfortably– I am usually home by 11am at the latest but even that early it still feels like the longest day ever. Skip the heels for this shopping trip, wear tennis shoes, and layer- often times it is cold when you head out and considerably warmer 4 hours later.
- Pack snacks– If you dont want to waste valuble shopping time sitting down somewhere to eat in the morning or mid day toss an apple, protein bar, and a bottled water in your purse to keep up your energy-Light, healthy snacks that will keep you going.
Leave a Reply