This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
If you are planning some fun Dr. Seuss festivities, you will want to give this Hop on Pop Balloon Game a try. Children will love getting the chance to pop balloons by hopping on them, just like the characters did in the Dr. Seuss story, Hop on Pop. Take a look below at how easy it is to create this game for your kids, as is it sure to become a favorite.
Radio or CD player
It is not hard to find any of these above materials, and chances are you already have them around your home. That makes this game one that is fun and frugal, which is a win win!
1. Begin by blowing up balloons. You will want a generous amount, so the more the merrier.
2. Write a number on each balloon starting and one and working your way up. Allow the balloons some time to dry so the ink does not smear and get all over.
3. Place all of the balloons on the floor.
4. To play, each child picks a number (or can line up) and wait for their turn to hop on the balloon to pop it. The trick is, balloons must be popped in order. As the game goes on they will get all shuffled up, so finding the balloon that is numerically less will become a challenge!
5. Turn on the music and let the kids go to town! They should try to pop the balloon by hopping on it only, NO HANDS!
Kids will have a ball trying to hop on the balloons to pop them. Encourage them to work as a team and cheer for each other as they try to find the balloon that is next and get it popped. They are sure to want to play this game over and over!
Gather your supplies and give this Hop on Pop Balloon Game a try!
Leave us a Comment
I am a Wife, mom to 4 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- Pumpkin Spice Cake Balls Recipe with a Caramel Sauce Drizzle - October 20, 2017
- Walmart Brings in Ling Ling Fried Rice®, Noodles, and Dumplings - October 20, 2017
- Disney Family Halloween Costume Ideas – Cinderella, Frozen, Snow White & Little Mermaid - October 17, 2017