This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
If you are a techno savvy momma, and you don’t mind including some screen time into your preschooler or kindergarteners day here are some really fun, educational apps that I have rounded up to support your homeschool curriculums.
Best Apps For Homeschooling!!
- WetDryTry is part of the Handwriting Without Tears program but you don’t need to be using the program at all for this app. Your child uses their finger, or a stylus to erase the letters with a “wet” sponge, then a paper towel, and finally chalk. It is a great tool for learning letter identification and writing skills.
- Pocket Charts Counting 1-20 – Great app for learning to identify and count numbers 1-20. It looks like a traditional school pocket chart and your child has to match numbers with cards that have corresponding dot by dragging and dropping the card.
- Monkey Preschool Lunchbox – A fun, and simple app for teaching colors, letters, numbers, matching, and shapes. Just a few minutes each day will help reinforce these skills with your child.
- My First Calendar– A great addition your daily calendar time if you want to go a little techie. Your child can choose the day, month, year, weather and season. Also, children can choose the day of the week for yesterday, today, tomorrow, and choose an activity for the day. This is really a cute and colorful app that will get your child excited about learning. There is also a monthly calendar where your child can fill in daily activities and a drawing section.
- Timmy’s Kindergarten Adventure – A fun very interactive app that reinforces Kindergarten skills such as; addition, subtraction, time, money, and sight word recognition. Your child earns money by playing games, completing levels, and making no mistakes. The money can be used to unlock virtual toys.
While I won’t suggest plopping your little schooler in front of TV or iPad for the entire day. I think that these apps have real educational value and are fun and engaging. They can be a great part of your school day, breaking up the monotony of worksheets, and exercises. Turning some otherwise dull learning experience into playtime! I like to keep these handy when we are out and about st the Dr office or shopping and I need to concentrate and not chase after 3 kids 🙂
- Top 21 Gift Ideas for Crafters They Will Love! - November 8, 2020
- 21 Amazingly Perfect Gift Ideas for a Newborn Baby - November 7, 2020
- 20 of the Most Awesome Best Friend Gifts Amazon Has - November 4, 2020