This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
I love Febreze. Because let’s face it trying to wash a couch is a hassle. But it can drain your budget fast especially when you use it like I do to get away with not having to wash the comforters on the beds as often or shampoo carpets, or wash the curtains but still want the just washed smell. I’m not the only one right?!
Well if you use Febreze you know it’s not cheap. So I went on a hunt to find a way to make my own! This is the best recipe I have found! This homemade Febreeze is simple to make and is MUCH cheaper! I sat down to figure out the price once. You can buy Snuggle online for $4.99 and baking soda for under $1. I figured each bottle cost less than 25¢ to make. Febreze in store at it’s lowest is just over $4 a bottle. HUGE savings when you use several bottles a month!
You can customize this recipe with any scent of fabric softener, or get an unscented on and add a few drops of essential oils.
DIY Homemade Febreze Recipe
Yes ignore my misspelling on the tape it had been a VERY crazy day with a baby who didn’t want put down, a toddler who didn’t want to nap and 2 old kids who wanted to do work books instead of their school work, when daddy got home mommy hid in the bathroom and took a nice long HOT bath!
- Fabric Softener
- Baking Soda
- Hot Water
- Empty Spray Bottle
- Also Since I’m Asked a lot here is the Pink Masking Tape used in the Picture!
- Add 3 tbsp. Fabric Softener, any scent, to empty spray bottle
- Fill spray bottle with approx. 2 – 3 cups hot water, to fill your spray bottle.
- Add in 1 tbsp. Baking Soda
- Mix, and enjoy!!
Enjoy! I’d love to know what scents you used!
- 11 Money Secrets of the Amish – Things They Make Instead of Buy - April 20, 2020
- Easy Blueberry Pancake Bites Recipe - April 17, 2020
- 14 Ways to Build An Emergency Fund Without Pulling From Your Budget - April 13, 2020