This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
Kid costumes can cost a ton of money. No Joke then you are out and in one night can see 5 kids with the SAME costume as you (true story!) As your kids grow and want unique costumes the best way to do so it by making them yourself!
If you have a lego lover in your house like I do then they will love this one! They can go as their favorite color lego! It's super simple and easy to make and as a bonus? CHEAP!
DIY Kids Lego Costume
1 rectangle shapes cardboard box
1 square cardboard box
1-2 cans of spray paint (depending on the size)
1 package yellow solo cups
1 roll of yellow duct tape
Hot glue gun/hot glue
1. Start by peeling the excess tape and stickers (if any) off your boxes
2. Take your square box (hat box) and using scissors cut a round hole in the bottom (look at the bottom of one of your kids hats as an example of how big or small to cut the hole)
3. Hot glue the rims of 4 solo cups onto the top of your hat box
4. On your larger box, cut a hole in the top about two to three times the size as your hat hole, you don't want this to be tight
5. On both sides of your larger box, cut large circles out for the arm holes, make sure you cut these towards the top sides of your box
5. With my larger rectangle box, I took off all the tape, it made my box flat which is okay since I'll be spray painting and taping it back up anyway
6. Now your boxes are ready to paint, lay them on the grass or on a pile of newspapers, spray with your yellow paint, then let dry
7. Once your cardboard is dry, hot glue the rims of 6 solo cups onto the front of your rectangle cardboard box
8. Spray paint a second coat onto the small and larger box, and let dry
I am a Wife, mom to 4 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- Cruise Cheap – How to Take a Cruise on a Budget - April 17, 2019
- Every Hero Sweats with Gillette & Operation Homefront - March 8, 2019
- Lesson Plans for Farmer Boy By Laura Ingalls Wilder - February 26, 2019