This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
Helping children improve their reading and comprehension skills is essential. Whether your child is struggling with the subject or could use a little help, Readability is one app worth downloading on your phone or tablet to allow them to use. The app makes it possible for children to learn, comprehend, and quickly improve their skills from anywhere, even while they're on the go. It's one resource you don't want to miss out on using.
We have a lot of Homeschool and Educational materials here on The Frugal Navy Wife – Feel free to browse around for more!
Readability: The Perfect Reading and Comprehension Learning App
The app offers personalized training that you'd typically get from a traditional tutor but at a fraction of the cost. Now, you can make sure your child is receiving the help they need at times that work around their schedule, whether after school, on the weekends, or even in the middle of the day.
Advanced Technology Designed to Help
- Readability uses advanced speech recognition and AI to provide our Smart Reading Program to children. The technology listens to your child while they read while selecting the perfect materials based on their experience with reading and their current age.
- The goal is to help children make necessary improvements while reducing the struggle some face when focused on getting better at reading. It makes the experience more enjoyable for both young children and older children entering middle school.
- The app uses a neat interactive voice that offers questions and answers to help children better understand what they're reading, ultimately improving their comprehension skills. It will make it feel like your child is talking to a skilled professional tutor!
- The questions encourage children to use critical thinking skills while keeping them engaged in the different stories they're reading.
- These stories are fun and captivating. Age-appropriate options are available to keep children interested.
- Children will even have the opportunity to expand their vocabulary. Not only does the app introduce new words to them, but it also shows them how to pronounce those words and what they mean, allowing them to use those words in their everyday conversations.
Enjoy Access to the Parent Dashboard
As a parent, you want to keep an eye on what your child is doing and learning. You may want to make sure they're making improvements while using the Readability app, which is entirely understandable. It's the reason that there is a parent dashboard available. You can use the dashboard to monitor your child's progress while seeing what they're reading, how long they're reading, and the improvements they're making with comprehension.
I set up daily reminders so if they didn't get their reading in for the day it would let me know around dinner time. Then during our quiet time, they would finish up their remaining minutes.
How Readability Works
Readability is the only smart app promoting reading and comprehension learning for children in K-6th grade. The interactive app allows children to log into the system by selecting their name and photo and then choose what they'd like to do. They can check out vocabulary words and select stories to read. The library is vast! My youngest absolutely loves it!
While your child reads, parents will receive feedback to get a feel for their child's progress. Once your child reads a story, they'll have questions to answer to test their comprehension skills. It lets you know how well they're comprehending the text they're reading. Having this valuable information will come in handy when choosing new books to buy for your child. This feature is simply outstanding. One of my kids loves to read, with Readbiliaty I realized he has no clue what he is reading. He just reads words. The questions at the end challenge him. I love that I get the results so I know where we can focus with him to make our time count.
Download the Readability app and get started to see what other parents are raving over because of this innovative app. Children will love the interactive app with its neat story options, colorful designs, and easy-to-use interface. A subscription to the app is $19.99 per month. However, families can download the app and try it for free for seven days before deciding if they'd like to commit to a subscription. The affordable option will save parents time and money on tutoring while helping children improve their reading and comprehension skills.
See ya in the app!