This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
Taking a Caribbean vacation might sound like an expensive vacation but with the right planning, it can be extremely affordable. The Caribbean is a beautiful place to vacation, and there are so many great ways to find amazing deals. With a little research and planning, you could be jet-setting off to a piece of paradise in the Caribbean.
7 Tips to Save you Money On a Caribbean Vacation
1. Look At All-Inclusive Vacations – Going to an all-inclusive hotel can sometimes save you a large amount of money! When you stay at an all-inclusive resort your food, drinks and hotel stay is all included. Not having to budget for drinks and food can be a huge stress relief. You will need to read reviews on the hotels before picking a resort, some all-inclusive hotels are better than others. Beaches, Breezes, and Sandals are some of the most popular all-inclusive vacation resorts. Atlantis is another all-inclusive resort, but they only offer the all-inclusive price a few months out of the year.
2. Research the Island – Each island in the Caribbean is different, and the costs when booking a hotel will vary from island to island. Some islands operate under the American dollar others have their own currency. The Bahama’s, Aruba, Jamaica and the Dominican Republic are the most affordable islands to travel to. Compare prices between several different islands to see which island will be the most affordable. Puerto Rico, The Virgin Islands, St. Martin and the Cayman Islands are normally the most expensive islands to travel to.
3. Skip the Hotel – If you don’t find an all-inclusive resort then the next best option is renting a house. Hotels in the Caribbean can get pretty pricey, but home rentals are typically very affordable. Spend some time comparing the prices between a hotel stay and a home rental. Renting a home while on your Caribbean vacation will also give you the opportunity to cook some of those yummy island dishes. Check out sites like AirBnB and HomeAway from for some great budget options!
4. Say No to Hotel Excursions – The concierge at your hotel will have several excursion packages available, but these are usually significantly more expensive than off-site vendors. If there is an excursion, your family wants to do try booking it out of the hotel. Off-site vendors will typically charge you less for the same excursion.
5. Book a Packaged Deal – Places like CheapCaribbean.com, TravelZoo, Travelocity, Expedia, and Priceline are great places to find affordable Caribbean packages. CheapCaribbean.com is known for offering flash deals at almost 50% less than the normal price. I suggest signing up for a few newsletters and watching these specials closely. Be ready to purchase right away because these deals are normally flash promotions.
6. Negotiate – Shopping in the Caribbean is not like shopping in the States. When shopping in the Caribbean be sure to negotiate before you purchase anything! Everything is normally up for negotiation when you’re on a Caribbean island.
7. Don’t Eat at the Hotel – If you bought an all-inclusive vacation then by all means take advantage of the free food. This suggestion is for those that are not staying in an all-inclusive. Hotels cater to tourists and mark up prices because they know you’re on vacation and will pay! Instead of eating at the hotel go out into the community and eat at local restaurants. Not only will you be able to enjoy the traditional cuisine of the island but it will also save you big bucks.
- Top 21 Gift Ideas for Crafters They Will Love! - November 8, 2020
- 21 Amazingly Perfect Gift Ideas for a Newborn Baby - November 7, 2020
- 20 of the Most Awesome Best Friend Gifts Amazon Has - November 4, 2020