This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
There is simply not much out there better than a freshly cooked ear of corn. That is until you add one of the best food groups in the world to it and create Bacon Wrapped Grilled Corn on the Cob. Something very simple to create but insanely delicious at the same time that when cooked correctly.
BACON WRAPPED CORN ON THE COB
8 ears of corn
8-16 slices bacon
2 Teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
Optional: Aluminum foil for wrapping corn for oven or to prevent char on grill.
(1) Soak toothpicks (2-3 per ear of corn)in water for 10-15 minutes. This helps prevent burning on the grill
(2) Wrap each ear of corn with 1-2 pieces of bacon. Amount depends on size of ear of corn or personal desire. Secure at both ends and in center with toothpick.
(3) Mix Peppers and salt together and lightly sprinkle on all corn.
(4) If cooking directly on grill, place on top rack for 5 minutes on each side rotating 2-3 times during cooking. This will prevent burn and char and allow bacon to render nicely.
(5) If cooking on grill without top rack or in oven, place each ear in aluminum foil wrapper and cook 10-12 minutes rotating once during cook time.
Serve with lots of napkins! Some may still want a dab of margarine or butter but the bacon should be more than enough flavor and richness for the corn.