This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
Pine cone crafts are one of my favorite parts of the holiday season. I remember making this DIY glitter pinecones. I’ve made it in a few colors depending what our color scheme was over my childhood. Pinecone Christmas decorations are some of the easiest and prettiest you can make.
Pine Cone Crafts – Pinecone Christmas Decorations, Easy DIY Glitter Pinecones
This can make for some fun for the kids. Take them out to find pine cones for you. Make sure you clean them out with some air before taking them inside, trust me on this one, there is a spider incident that isn’t pretty. *shivers*
Also while I used red, green and silver glitter, you can use whatever colors match your decor. Blue and silver, for example, are very pretty. Christmas colors.
Pair these with the vintage Christmas ornament wreath, and you have some unique Christmas decor for your house.
1. Lay your pinecones out on a piece of old newspaper or cardboard once they have been cleaned (remember the spider!!) Then spray them with the Looking Glass paint. This gives a frosted look to your pinecone Christmas decorations.
2. Once the Looking Glass spray dries on the newspaper or cardboard spray a few of your pinecones with your spray adhesive and immediately sprinkle your glitter on top, making sure all sides are covered. This is where you can customize your look. Add a little glitter or a lot, and it is up to you.
3. Spray a few more and coat with another color glitter until you have all complete. You are repeating the process with your pine cones until you have all the ones your collected and want to use done.
4. Let your pinecones dry and shake off any excess glitter before you display them. Thes are great tucked in some wreaths or some great decorative bowls.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- Easy Instant Pot Meatloaf with an Old Fashion Twist - February 14, 2020
- 5 Tips on Advancing Your Career and Managing Your Finances as a Military Spouse - February 11, 2020
- Top 6 Places to Find Items to Resell - February 10, 2020