This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
This post was sponsored by DAV. All opinions are my own. #DAV #DonatetoDAV
Ever since I was a child, I’d hear stories about my great grandfather and his time in the military. I loved hearing all the stories, and I always thought about the many veterans who’ve served for our country, only to end up in need years later.
When I heard about the DAV Spare Change program, I couldn’t help but look into it a bit further to find out how it worked and what it would do for veterans, especially those who could use the extra support during trying times. Upon researching the program, I found out that I could make purchases as I normally would, round up to the nearest dollar, and donate my spare change to a good cause for veterans.
Rounding Up With Ease
If you’re anything like me, you probably swipe your debit card at least a few times each week to pay for purchases. How many times would you say that your purchase total is even? I know that my total is hardly ever even.
- The whole objective behind DAV Spare Change is to encourage people to round up when paying for items because that extra change goes to a good cause, a program designed specifically to provide support for veterans.
- So, when you pay for something that might cost $10.60, you can round up to the nearest dollar for a total of $11, and the extra .40 cents will go directly to the program.
- You might think it is just a small amount of change, but it adds up quickly, especially when you are making multiple purchases each week.
- I’ve managed to donate quite a bit so far by merely using the roundup feature while doing my grocery shopping and online shopping.
- Now that the holiday season is approaching, I’m doing more online shopping than I usually would, so I love knowing that the spare change is going to the right people.
If you want to do a good thing for veterans who could use the help, now more than ever before, you can start using the DAV Spare Change roundup feature when buying food, paying bills, and even purchasing gifts for loved ones.
Giving Back During the Holiday Season and All Year Around
I’m the kind of person who enjoys giving back. It warms my heart to know that my spare change can make a difference in the lives of veterans of all ages, along with their loved ones. It is the perfect time of year to sign up for the DAV Spare Change because you can start giving back during the holiday season.
However, you can continue to stick with the program and continue to donate your change to veterans, even after the holiday season passes. You will know that you are doing something from the heart that is beneficial to those who have fought for the country and deserve the absolute best when it comes to care, support, and resources.
Supporting veterans is genuinely important to me. My great grandfather had many amazing stories to tell, but I’ve also learned a lot about the hardships that veterans often face when returning to civilian life. Although my great grandfather isn’t around to see this fantastic program available for people like himself, I know that he would’ve been proud to know that something amazing like this exists. If you want to give back, this is an affordable and convenient way to do it when shopping online or offline!
Once you get registered be sure to shop our Holiday Gift Guides!