This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
If you are looking for a great spring craft, I want to share this easy DIY decor idea with you. This easy twig letter decor is perfect for not only your decor because it can work with all season but a very good idea for a rustic wedding too.
DIY Decor – Easy Twig Letter Decor
Yes, I said it would make a great wedding decor item. Pick the letter from your soon to be last name and instead of painting the wood letter white you can paint the back of it to match any color scheme then continue with the directions. The make great guest book table decor and even neat centerpiece ideas!
Not into this DIY for a wedding? No problem, this decor is one that can stick around all year because it matches any season. Plus it looks amazing at night with twinkle lights on it for the holidays!
It’s easy enough you can have your kids help out, which makes it a perfect craft to keep them busy over winter, spring, or summer break! Hey, why isn’t there a fall break too?!
Ok on to what you need to get going.
18″ Wooden Letter
Lots of sticks and twigs
Hot glue gun/hot glue
Foam paint brush
1. Lay down an old piece of newspaper. This is a messy project.
2. Squirt a small amount of paint onto a paper plate or palette.
3. Use your foam brush to paint your letter white (I only used one coat for a more of a whitewashed look) and let dry. You can also use other colors to match the decor you are looking to like we mentioned above.
4. Make sure your sticks are free of dirt and leaves.
5. Place a stick onto your letter to measure how long you need your stick and break your stick to the size you measured (I didn’t start on any particular part of the letter, as nothing has to be exact with this project). Also, I preferred to break the stick as opposed to cutting them for more of that rustic look.
6. Carefully hot glue your stick onto the letter.
7. Now measure your next stick and glue. Repeat.
8. Keep measuring and gluing until your letter is covered in the sticks.
9. If you have any spots that are looking a little bare, just glue a smaller stick into place.
10. Your letter and sticks will have excess hot glue strings everywhere, just pull them off to clean up your letter once the glue has dried.
Then pick a great spot to display it!
- Top 21 Gift Ideas for Crafters They Will Love! - November 8, 2020
- 21 Amazingly Perfect Gift Ideas for a Newborn Baby - November 7, 2020
- 20 of the Most Awesome Best Friend Gifts Amazon Has - November 4, 2020