This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
I am always look for great crafts and fun things to do with my kids on bad weather days! So for summer when we get those rainy days where there is no chance of getting out of the house i have a few crafts stucked away to pull out. These DIY magnets where one of them recently when we had rain for a 3 day period. The kids were antsy but we had fun and I got my fridge redecorated. Here is how you too can make your own fridge magnets!
Make Your Own Fridge Magnets
These Magnets are really easy. They also make great gifts for the grandparents so I keep the supplies in a small box for rainy days.
- Clear Accent Gems (Dollar Store)
- Magnetic Buttons (Walmart)
- Scrapbook Paper
- Mod Podge Gloss
- Foam Brush
- Hot Glue Gun
- Pen or Marker
- To start your DIY magnets, gather your supplies. You will need the clear accent gems and scrapbook paper first.
- Set a clear accent gem on top of the scrapbook paper. You will be able to see the scrapbook pattern through the clear glass. Move the gem around until you find a pattern you’d like to use.
- Trace around the accent gem with your pen or maker. Cut out the shape, cutting slightly inside of the traced line.
- Next, use the foam brush to apply Mod Podge to the flat side of the accent gem. Press the scrapbook paper into the Mod Podge so that the pattern shows through the accent gem. Apply another layer of Mod Podge over the scrapbook paper.
- Allow the Mod Podge to dry. Read the directions on the back of the Mod Podge to discover the recommended drying time.
- As soon as the Mod Podge is dry, you can begin gluing the magnets to the accent gems. To do this, place a pea size drop of hot glue on the back of the accent gem. Quickly press the magnet onto the hot glue and hold until the glue has set.
- Once the hot glue has cooled, you’re ready to use your DIY magnets!
- Cutting out the scrapbook paper can be a time-consuming process. To expedite this process, cut a strip of scrapbook paper that’s about 1-2 inches thick, depending on the size of your accent gems.
- Fold this strip of paper accordion style. The folded squares should be large enough to fit one accent gem on top.
- After folding the paper, place one accent gem on the top fold. Trace around the accent gem with your pen or marker.
- Cut out the shape, cutting slightly inside of the traced line. Be sure to cut all of the folded squares at once.
- Top 20 Items For Minecraft Gifts - August 19, 2020
- Easy DIY Flintstones Costumes – Fred and Wilma Costume - August 17, 2020
- 38 of the Best Barbie Gift Ideas Your Little Girl Will LOVE! - August 12, 2020