This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
DIY T-Shirt Scrap Headband
With soon to be 3 girls we use MANY headbands and i am all about saving money by doing them myself! Here is a super easy way with some old t shirts and fabric scraps!
- 3 pieces of pink t-shirt cut to approximate 2” wide & 24” long
- 3 pieces of light grey t-shirt cut to approximately 2” wide & 24” long
- Additional t-shirt scraps in smaller pieces for creating flowers
- Needle & thread (and sewing machine if available)
Sew or secure together with a knot the six strips of fabric. Separate the strips into thirds, each strand containing a strip of each color.
Using a simple braid, braid all pieces together.
Braid until you’ve reached the end of the strands and sew ends together.
Turn the headband inside out and sew the opposite ends together.
Begin twisting & rolling a strip of fabric for the first flower. Start a coil by and tacking it together with your needle and thread. Continue to roll and twist into the coil, tacking it together until you’ve created a flower the size you desire.
Repeat with additional sizes & colors of strips to create a desired number of flowers.
Lastly, sew the flowers to the braided band with your needle and thread, making sure to secure well.
- Top 21 Gift Ideas for Crafters They Will Love! - November 8, 2020
- 21 Amazingly Perfect Gift Ideas for a Newborn Baby - November 7, 2020
- 20 of the Most Awesome Best Friend Gifts Amazon Has - November 4, 2020