This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
DIY T-Shirt Scrap Headband
With soon to be 3 girls we use MANY headbands and i am all about saving money by doing them myself! Here is a super easy way with some old t shirts and fabric scraps!
- 3 pieces of pink t-shirt cut to approximate 2” wide & 24” long
- 3 pieces of light grey t-shirt cut to approximately 2” wide & 24” long
- Additional t-shirt scraps in smaller pieces for creating flowers
- Needle & thread (and sewing machine if available)
Sew or secure together with a knot the six strips of fabric. Separate the strips into thirds, each strand containing a strip of each color.
Using a simple braid, braid all pieces together.
Braid until you’ve reached the end of the strands and sew ends together.
Turn the headband inside out and sew the opposite ends together.
Begin twisting & rolling a strip of fabric for the first flower. Start a coil by and tacking it together with your needle and thread. Continue to roll and twist into the coil, tacking it together until you’ve created a flower the size you desire.
Repeat with additional sizes & colors of strips to create a desired number of flowers.
Lastly, sew the flowers to the braided band with your needle and thread, making sure to secure well.
I am a mom to 5 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- $100 Until Payday: The $100 Grocery Budget (or Less!) - July 2, 2019
- Large Family Laundry Tips + Tide Savings - June 30, 2019
- 88 Great Depression Recipes - June 26, 2019