This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
The Valentine’s season is a great time to spruce up your home with color. As winter drags on, you may have a hard time making your home feel warm and cozy. Well why not create your own coziness for less when you give this Valentine’s Day candle holder a whirl? Made from just a few simple dollar store supplies, you can make a Valentine’s Day themed candle holder perfect for giving your home a pop of festive fun. Take a look at how to create your own!
Clear glass candleholder
Battery operated votive
As mentioned, all of the above supplies were found at our local dollar store. This is one craft that won’t break the bank!
1. You want to begin by creating the heart that is going to be embellishing your candle holder. To do this, take an assortment of pink, white, or red buttons, Begin by placing dabs of glue on the buttons and layering another button on top of it. Shape the buttons into a heart shape as shown. Set aside the heart to dry.
2. Next, take a strip of glitter foam about two inches thick. Wrap the strip around the candleholder and secure with hot glue.
3. Cut a second strip in a contrasting color that is about an inch slimmer. Repeat by wrapping the strip around the candleholder and securing with glue.
4. Finish the candleholder by gluing the button heart to the front.
You can then add a battery operated votive and your decoration is complete! So head to your local dollar store and give this frugal Valentine’s Day candle holder a try. It’s the perfect way to sweeten up your home for less.
I am a mom to 5 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- Southern Baked Bacon Broccoli Mac and Cheese Recipe - September 16, 2019
- Easy Wine Cork Pumpkins Craft – PERFECT for Fall | Wine Cork Crafts - September 13, 2019
- The BEST Labor Inducing Cookies – Labor Cookies Recipe - September 9, 2019