This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
A candle centerpiece is the perfect way to add the charm of Valentine’s Day to your table. You don’t have to spend big bucks on a premade arrangement, in fact, you can create your own at home for less. Take a look below at how with a few dollar store supplies, you can create a sweet Valentine’s Day decorative candle for your own table.
Round, red pillar candle
Peel and stick foam hearts
For this project, we were able to find everything we needed at our local dollar store. Give yours a peek and chances are you will find what you need too!
1. Begin by cutting a strip of glitter foam to fit the candle. Wrap the strip around the candle and secure with glue.
2. Next, cut a length of ribbon to fit the candle. Secure it with glue nice and tight. You can add a second strip if you wish, or even tie it in a bow for extra flare.
3. Peel and stick the foam hearts in an arrangement of your choice. We kept our simple and just used a few, however you can use as many as your heart desires. If you would like, you may also secure these with glue for extra staying power.
Wasn’t that sweet and simple, not to mention so inexpensive? Your Valentine’s Day candle is all ready! How lovely would these be given as gifts to teachers or friends? Or, you can just display it around the home wherever you need some Valentine’s Day spirit. So gather your supplies and see what you can come up with. This is one craft you won’t want to miss!
Note: Remove all embellishments before lighting as they could pose a fire hazard.
I am a Wife, mom to 4 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- Traditional Dutch Apple Pie Recipe - July 13, 2018
- Free Baby Stuff – 39+ Must Have Baby Freebies (Worth $2,100+!) - July 9, 2018
- Free School Supplies for Military Families - July 2, 2018