This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
If you are looking for the perfect Dr. Seuss themed sweet treat, look no further than these Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat snacks! Kids will love making their own edible hats, using just a few simple materials found at your local dollar store or grocery. In no time, they can have their own cute hat to gobble up. Take a peek below at how to make your own. These make a great party project, classroom craft, or are just perfect for some rainy day fun. Take a look!
Oreo or chocolate sandwich cookies
Gummy Lifesavers, red
As mentioned, we were able to find all of these supplies at our local dollar store. For just a few dollars, you can get all of the supplies you need to make a dozen or so of these Cat in the Hat snacks.
Related: 11 Dr Seuss Crafts and Activities
1. Begin by twisting the sandwich cookies apart. You are only going to need one half of the cookie per snack.
2. Place some frosting on the cookie and press a red gummy Lifesaver to it.
3. Add some more frosting over the gummy Lifesaver, then press another candy to it. Continue this process until you have stacked several gummy Lifesavers up on the cookie.
4. You should now see the snack is resembling a hat. You can keep it modest, or allow children to stack as high as they wish.
When kids are done, they will love being able to eat their hats. So gather your supplies and give these easy and inexpensive Cat in the Hat Snacks a try. They are sure to invite some Seuss magic into your home.
- Top 20 Items For Minecraft Gifts - August 19, 2020
- Easy DIY Flintstones Costumes – Fred and Wilma Costume - August 17, 2020
- 38 of the Best Barbie Gift Ideas Your Little Girl Will LOVE! - August 12, 2020