This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
Did you know adding one breakfast for dinner recipe to your menu each week will save you an average of 5-10% each month on your grocery bill (if you aren't having breakfast for dinner already)? We have breakfast for dinner at least once a week, sometimes 2 of the kids beg enough for chocolate chip pancakes.
It goes without saying if you don't use protein like sausage and eggs you bill will be even lower but if you do meals like this Easy Breakfast Casserole with Sausage and Hashbrowns you still save money, and it is well in the words of my 2-year-old ….”Yummy in my Tummy!”
Easy Breakfast Casserole with Sausage and Hashbrowns
This is a simple recipe have the kids help you!
12 oz package of frozen O'Brien style hash browns (with the peppers and onions)
16 oz package of smoked sausage, any brand. I like to stock up when it's on sale and have it on hand in the freezer.
2 tbs. vegetable oil
salt & pepper to taste
#1. Heat the vegetable in a frying saucepan on medium/high heat until hot.
#2. Add in the O'Brien hash browns and saute until tender, 8-10 minutes.
#3. While the hash browns are cooking, cut the smoked sausage into small chunks and add to the frying pan.
#4. Cook another 8-10 minutes until the potatoes are soft, and the smoked sausage is heated through.
#5. If the potatoes start to stick, turn the heat down and continue to stir occasionally.
#6. Serve immediately.
*Makes 4-5 servings. This dish also reheats well as leftovers.
- Heat the vegetable in a frying saucepan on medium/high heat until hot.
- Add in the O'Brien hash browns and saute until tender, 8-10 minutes.
- While the hashbrowns are cooking, cut the smoked sausage into small chunks and add into the frying pan.
- Cook another 8-10 minutes until the potatoes are soft and the smoked sausage is heated through.
- If the potatoes start to stick turn the heat down and continue to stir occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Serving Size1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- Top 21 Gift Ideas for Crafters They Will Love! - November 8, 2020
- 21 Amazingly Perfect Gift Ideas for a Newborn Baby - November 7, 2020
- 20 of the Most Awesome Best Friend Gifts Amazon Has - November 4, 2020