This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
My husband’s favorite meal is biscuits and sausage gravy. While we argue on HOW it should be eaten, but we definitely do not argue about my recipe for gravy. We use white gravy for biscuits and gravy (it’s all that southern cooking!), but I also make the best gravy recipe for dinner and other meats. Your hunt for n easy gravy recipe is over! Read on…
Easy Gravy Recipe – My Best Gravy Recipe
Everyone loves a smooth and flavorful recipe for gravy, making it myself was a challenge for years. Then I learned a few tips that helped me create a delicious gravy every time, whether you need a gravy for beef or chicken. I am going to show you how to make it three different ways: with and without drippings and creamy! So you will be able to make your own whenever you need it.
Whether you are browning ground beef, frying chicken to go with mashed potatoes, or need a tasty gravy for Salisbury steak this recipe is the base for your new favorite gravy recipe – yours!
Use beef drippings, chicken, bacon, or none at all and make this to cover a wide range of dishes and use it from breakfast to dinner. Grab your whisk and let’s get started on this gravy recipe!
Recipe for Gravy Ingredients
4 T. fat drippings
2 T. all-purpose flour
1 cup chicken or beef broth
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. Onion powder
1 tsp. Black pepper
Directions for the Best Gravy Recipe with Drippings
Place drippings and flour in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, bring to a boil, and cook for one minute, whisking constantly.
Add broth, Worcestershire, onion powder, salt, and pepper, stir to combine.
Leave uncovered, cook until thickened, stirring occasionally.
Easy Gravy Recipe Without Drippings
Delicious gravy can still be achieved even if you don’t have fat drippings left from your meat by using butter in it’s place- simply use unsalted butter in place of fat drippings.
For Creamy Gravy
Use ½ cup heavy cream (you can use this heavy cream substitute if needed) or ½ and ½ in place of half the broth, whisking it in well. Double or triple the pepper for a homemade pepper gravy perfect for country fried steak or over biscuits for breakfast.
Find even more Easy Meals for all meals!
- Place drippings and flour in a large sauce pan over medium high heat, bring to a boil, and cook for one minute, whisking constantly.
- Add broth, worcestershire, onion powder, salt and pepper, stir to combine.
- Leave uncovered, cook until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
- Delicious gravy can still be achieved even if you don’t have fat drippings left from your meat by using butter in it’s place- simply use unsalted butter in place of fat drippings.
For creamy gravy:
- Use ½ cup heavy cream or ½ and ½ in place of hal the broth, whisking it in well. Double or triple the pepper for a homemade pepper gravy perfect for country fried steak or over biscuits for breakfast.
- Top 21 Gift Ideas for Crafters They Will Love! - November 8, 2020
- 21 Amazingly Perfect Gift Ideas for a Newborn Baby - November 7, 2020
- 20 of the Most Awesome Best Friend Gifts Amazon Has - November 4, 2020