This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
One of my favorite parts of homeschooling is picking out the curriculum that we will use. When picking out a curriculum, you want it to be one that helps them learn and have fun along the way. I have used a lot of homeschool curriculum in my day and one of our favorites is Horizons from Alpha Omega. I like to purchase the whole complete curriculum set to make our lives easier. Let me tell you about our Kindergarten, second, and third-grade Horizon sets.
Our Homeschool Curriculum for 2017 – 2018 School Year
I love the bright colors and hands on activities in this kit, well all the horizon kits. I love how fast my daughter is picking up sounds and sight words. She is able to read a good portion of the stories in the readers with in the first few weeks!
- Horizons Kindergarten Math
- Horizons Kindergarten Phonics & Reading
- Horizons Kindergarten Health
Grade 2 Horizons
The second-grade kit comes with everything you need to make your second graders homeschool year a success. Planning and applying these lessons is super easy because everything is outlined for you. Each curriculum includes:
- Horizons Grade 2 Math
- Horizons Grade 2 Phonics & Reading
- Horizons Grade 2 Spelling & Vocabulary
- Horizons Grade 2 Penmanship
Grade 3 Horizons
The main reason I will be using Horizons is how captivating their curriculum is. I love how colorful everything is, even for the older grades. Just because my child is in 3rd grade, I don’t want them to miss out on creativity and hands-on lessons.
- Horizons Grade 3 Math
- Horizons Grade 3 Phonics & Reading
- Horizons Grade 3 Spelling & Vocabulary
- Horizons Grade 3 Penmanship
It is safe to say that we’re excited about our journey this year. Horizons includes the majority of everything you need to have a successful year of homeschooling. To supplement, we will be using My Father’s World for our 2nd and 3rd grade history and social studies.
To help my second grader get a little more practice in literature, we will be focusing on chapter books from Circle C Beginnings.
- Book 1- Andi's Pony Trouble
- Book 2- Andi's Indian Summer
- Book 3- Andi's Fair Surprise
- Book 4- Andi's Scary School Days
- Book 5- Andi's Lonely Little Foal
- Book 6- Andi's Circle C Christmas
To help supplement my 3rd grader’s literature and reading comprehension, we will be focusing on Goldtown Adventures books. Discovering the Gold Rush in the old west is going to be epic. There are four books included in this set and aims to ages 8-12. My oldest looks forward to the lap books and the additional activity guides.
- Badge of Honor
- Tunnel of Gold
- Canyon of Danger
- River of Peril
What homeschool curriculum are you using this year?
I am a mom to 5 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- Easy Instant Pot Au Gratin Potatoes Recipe - July 17, 2019
- 12 Family Summer Activities That You Won’t Believe are Actually FREE - July 12, 2019
- $100 Until Payday: The $100 Grocery Budget (or Less!) - July 2, 2019