This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
It’s summer and IT. IS. HOT! Many area of the country are already seeing 100+ Degree weather. I dont want to brag but it was in the 70s here this past weekend…. That was a fluke we had a TON of rain come in that helped, but that didn’t last long the heat is back!
I remember growing up in Florida and summer I LOVED popsicles to cool off. (and well jumping in the pool too!) But I know NOW the junk that is in those cheapo stick popsicles you squeeze up the plastic. Since I am ALWAYS looking for way to get my kids to eat more fruits and veggies this is the perfect way to get them to eat some veggies they don’t normally like, Kiwi. ( They yell at me “NO MOM! Not the hairy fruit!” No joke!)But put it in a popsicle and they LOVE it!
So here is how I make my Kiwi Fruit Popsicles! I always make sure to make a few extra the kids always have friends we will want one, plus mom needs one too!
Kiwi Fruit Popsicle
4 Kiwi’s peeled and cut into chunks
¼ C. of sugar (you could also substitute honey if preferred)
¼ of water
1 set of 4ct. Popsicle molds
popsicle sticks (optional)
1. Puree the Kiwi chunks, sweetener and water in a food processor or blender.
2. Pour about ½ C. of the Kiwi mixture into each popsicle mold (depending on your molds they may hold a little bit more or a little bit less).
3. Cover the molds with the lids and freeze 3-4 hours.
**If you prefer using popsicle sticks as shown in the photos, cover your popsicle mold with plastic wrap and make a small slit directly in the center with a knife and put a popsicle into each mold and freeze.
*Makes approximately 4 servings. 1 popsicle = 1 serving.
- Top 20 Items For Minecraft Gifts - August 19, 2020
- Easy DIY Flintstones Costumes – Fred and Wilma Costume - August 17, 2020
- 38 of the Best Barbie Gift Ideas Your Little Girl Will LOVE! - August 12, 2020