This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
Do your kids love making slime? Here are some slime recipes to keep them entertained for hours! These recipes are easy to follow and use ingredients that you likely have in your kitchen. Let the slime-making fun begin!
How do I make homemade slime?
Simply mix together glue and water in a bowl, and then add baking soda and contact lens solution. Stir until everything is fully combined, and then get sliming! If your slime is too sticky, just add a little more contact lens solution until it reaches the desired consistency.
How do you store slime after it is made?
After the slime is made, store it in an airtight container. You can also store it in the refrigerator to help keep it from drying out.
Food Storage Options
- Rubbermaid brilliance; 100 percent leak proof, airtight food storage containers feature crystal clear, BPA free triton plastic that offers 360 degree clarity, and helps keep food fresh and secure
- Food containers are clear like glass so you can always see what’s inside, but are light and easy to carry; Stain and Odor resistant material keeps plastic food container looking like new
- 🍍[VERSATILE & CUSTOMIZED DESIGN]: With their clear design, these kitchen organizers and storage allow for easy identification of contents, eliminating the guesswork. Comes in a set of 20 clear plastic containers with 20 lids, including 8 rectangle containers(2*50 oz, 2*34 oz, 2*17 oz, 2*8 oz),8 square containers (2*40 oz, 2*23 oz, 2*13 oz, 2*6oz)with 4 round sauce boxes wich are 2.7 oz. Boxes of different sizes can hold various types of food to meet different kitchen storage needs.
- 🍍[SAFE AND THICKENED PLASTIC MATERIAL]: Dedicated to developing superior kitchen organization for 15 years and which can protect safe for your health better. Our plastic storage containers with lids are made of upgraded food-grade polypropylene material.100% BPA free food storage plastic and reusable.
- Perfect Size for All Your Storage Needs: This 40-piece set includes 20 containers and 20 different sized lids from 1.2 to 50 ounces to meet different kitchen storage needs. Rectangular (2*50.7oz, 2*33.8oz, 2*16.9oz, 2*8.1oz); Square (1*40.6oz, 1*23.7oz, 1*13.5oz, 1*5.7oz); Round (1*40.6oz, 1*23.7oz, 1*13.5oz, 1*6.1oz, 4*1.2oz)
- Safe and Durable Material: Food containers with lids airtight are made of polypropylene material, BPA free and reusable. Our food storage containers can be stored in the refrigerator, heated in the microwave, and washed in the dishwasher. Remove the lid while heating to avoid steam buildup.
Is borax bad for the skin?
Borax is not bad for the skin. In fact, it is often used as a natural remedy to treat skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, and rosacea.
What is the easiest slime to make?
The easiest slime to make is clear slime. It only requires 2 ingredients which are white glue and contact solution.
Seasonal Slime Recipes
Fall Slime Using Fall Leaves – No Borax! – My kids love slime sometimes a little much. We are getting ready for fall so made this borax-free fall slime. It's super easy and fun!
Winter Snowflake Slime – This winter snowflake slime craft is super easy and lots of fun. The best part is, you can make it as simple or as complex as you want.
Character Slime Recipes
Magical and Relaxing Mermaid Slime Recipe – The Best Mermaid Slime Recipe you will find. The Mermaid lover in your life will love making this mermaid slime to play with.
Dolphin Ocean Slime – Borax Free! – We made this Ocean Slime at the request of my son and they had a blast with it! Borax Free so it's totally safe for the kids.
How to Make Galaxy Slime Recipe – Want to know how to make galaxy slime? Then this super easy galaxy slime recipe is for you. Just minutes from start to finish.
Homemade Beauty and the Beast Slime – Homemade Beauty and the Beast slime is a DIY sensory activity that lets you bring the magic of the beloved Disney classic to life.
Olaf Slime – Super Easy – If your family loves Frozen, then this Super Easy Olaf Slime is the perfect hands-on activity to make with your kids!
Egyptian Sand Slime – Use this Egyptian sand slime as a homeschool lesson plan activity or if you're just looking for a fun hands-on activity for the kids.
Edible Slime Recipes
How to Make Nutella Slime – 2 Simple Edible Ingredients – This edible Nutella Slime only takes 2 ingredients and my kids swear it tastes like a Nutella Marshmellow. No joke. Make it yourself today.
So there you have it! Three simple slime recipes that are perfect for kids. These recipes are easy to make and use ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. Give them a try the next time your child is looking for something fun to do. And be sure to let us know how they turn out. We’d love to hear about your experiences with making slime at home.