This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
Want to know how to make galaxy slime? Then this super easy galaxy slime recipe is for you. It does NOT use borax like a lot of the recipes do (I know that is a concern for many of you) and we added some fun stuff to it that I know your kids will love. We also have more slime recipes for your kids if they're all about making different kinds of slime.
My kids are loving all the slime we have been making. So far I think their favorite has been the edible Nutella slime. I think they enjoyed eating it more than actually playing with it.
Recently we made this Galaxy slime and they loved it! We added glow-in-the-dark stars in the slime for them to play with and it added to the galaxy theme.
Related: Egyptian Sand Slime
What is Galaxy Slime?
Galaxy slime is one of the most remarkable and most visually stunning slimes out there! It's made with clear glue, glitter, food coloring, and sequins.
How do you store Galaxy Slime to use later?
Once you make your slime you need to store it in an airtight container when not in use. I like using these 1.5oz jars to store our slime. I use the printable Galaxy Slime label below and then each kid writes their name on the jar so they know who it belongs to.
Related: Dolphin Ocean Slime – Borax Free!
We made 3 colors in this slime. A deep blue, a deep purple, and deep teal. You will basically need to make 3 batches of slime one with each color in them.
What tools do I need to make this Galaxy Slime Recipe?
Mixing Bowl – Glass mixing bowls are perfect for cooking, slime, and DIY projects. They're made of durable, high-quality glass that can withstand lots of wear and tear. Plus, they're usually dishwasher safe, so cleanup is a breeze.
Mini Storage Jars – Looking for an airtight container to store your slime in? These mini storage jars are perfect for the job! They're also great for DIY projects and other small items. Plus, their friendly design makes them a great addition to any home or office.
Measuring Spoons – Looking for an easier way to measure ingredients? These measuring cups and spoons are a must-have in any kitchen. They make it quick and easy to get the perfect measurements.
Where can I get more craft ideas?
Fun in the Box
Fun in the Box is a great gift option for people of all ages! Get a one-time box full of fun activities, games, and toys that will keep recipients entertained for hours. Plus, Fun in the Box makes a great subscription box for kids or adults who want to have a little bit of fun every month!
Related: DIY Galaxy Jar
CrateJoy is a subscription box service that offers a wide variety of craft boxes for kids. There is something for everyone, from boxes that focus on art and painting to ones that focus on baking and cooking. Each box comes with all the materials needed to complete the craft, as well as detailed instructions. Craft boxes from CrateJoy make it easy and convenient to get started with craft projects, and it's a great way to keep kids entertained while they learn new skills. Plus, with new craft boxes being released each month, there's always something new to try. So whether you're looking for a unique gift for a child or you're looking for a fun way to keep your own kids occupied, craft boxes from CrateJoy is definitely worth checking out.
Galaxy Slime Recipe Ingredients
How to make Galaxy Slime
Mix everything together.
Now add the contact solution
Add the glitter to the bowl and blend in.
Take slime from the bowl and knead on a flat surface until nice and smooth. Repeat these steps for the additional colors.
Store in an airtight container or plastic bag. It will last a LONG TIME!!!
Food Storage Options
- Rubbermaid brilliance; 100 percent leak proof, airtight food storage containers feature crystal clear, BPA free triton plastic that offers 360 degree clarity, and helps keep food fresh and secure
- Food containers are clear like glass so you can always see what’s inside, but are light and easy to carry; Stain and Odor resistant material keeps plastic food container looking like new
- 🍍[VERSATILE & CUSTOMIZED DESIGN]: With their clear design, these kitchen organizers and storage allow for easy identification of contents, eliminating the guesswork. Comes in a set of 20 clear plastic containers with 20 lids, including 8 rectangle containers(2*50 oz, 2*34 oz, 2*17 oz, 2*8 oz),8 square containers (2*40 oz, 2*23 oz, 2*13 oz, 2*6oz)with 4 round sauce boxes wich are 2.7 oz. Boxes of different sizes can hold various types of food to meet different kitchen storage needs.
- 🍍[SAFE AND THICKENED PLASTIC MATERIAL]: Dedicated to developing superior kitchen organization for 15 years and which can protect safe for your health better. Our plastic storage containers with lids are made of upgraded food-grade polypropylene material.100% BPA free food storage plastic and reusable.
- Perfect Size for All Your Storage Needs: This 40-piece set includes 20 containers and 20 different sized lids from 1.2 to 50 ounces to meet different kitchen storage needs. Rectangular (2*50.7oz, 2*33.8oz, 2*16.9oz, 2*8.1oz); Square (1*40.6oz, 1*23.7oz, 1*13.5oz, 1*5.7oz); Round (1*40.6oz, 1*23.7oz, 1*13.5oz, 1*6.1oz, 4*1.2oz)
- Safe and Durable Material: Food containers with lids airtight are made of polypropylene material, BPA free and reusable. Our food storage containers can be stored in the refrigerator, heated in the microwave, and washed in the dishwasher. Remove the lid while heating to avoid steam buildup.
- 6 ounces clear glue
- 10 drops essential oil
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 2-4 drops food coloring, depending on the shade you want
- 1 teaspoon contact solution
- 2 tablespoons fine glitter
- Start by adding the glue and essential oil to a small glass bowl (glass is easier to clean!)
- Then add in your baking soda and food coloring.
- Mix everything together.
- Now add contact solution
- Add the glitter to the bowl and blend in.
- Take slime from the bowl and knead on a flat surface until nice and smooth.
- Store in an airtight container or plastic bag. Will last a LONG TIME!!!
So I want to know if you have joined the slime craze and if so what has been your favorite slime so far? Let us know in the comments below.