This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
My family loves tacos. Even my kids. They have their preferences some like more cheese than meat, some like sour cream others don't. So I'm always looking for fresh takes on tacos so it's not the same meal all the time. This Taco Casserole is AMAZING!
- 1 pound ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped bell pepper
- ⅓ cup taco seasoning
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1½ cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, avocados and salsa.
- In a large skillet cook ground beef, onion and green pepper until meat is done
- Drain grease. Add taco seasoning and water. Cook about 3 minutes until it thickens. Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place chips in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Drop spoonful’s of beans over the chips and carefully spread beans over chips. (This is messy)
- Spoon ground beef mixture over beans and top with cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, olives, sour cream and salsa.