This is a sponsored post between Allstate and The Frugal Navy Wife. All opinions remain my own.
Trying to keep ourselves and families safe on the web can feel like a full-time job The Internet can be full of a bunch of stuff that no one wants to get involved in. That’s why it’s important to be aware of your hidden world of data. It’s important to protect your online life and be aware of your digital footprint.
Watch your kids
The Internet is too diverse for us to expect too much out of our kids. It’s our responsibility as parents to watch our kids on the Internet. While you don’t have to look right over their shoulders, there are some things you should be doing.
- Monitoring their messages and social media daily.
- Checking to see what apps they’re downloading and make sure they’re kid appropriate.
- Set up a porn blocker to ensure nothing unexpected or x-rated pops up.
- Talk to your kids about Internet safety. If they know WHY you want them to be safe, they’re more likely to make good decisions, while using the Internet.
Know about your digital footprint
Some people are reading this right now, wondering if it’s even a real thing and YES it is. Whenever you do ANYTHING online you could be leaving a trail of your personal data called a digital footprint. As adults, it’s important that we know the Internet is “forever.” Once you put something out there, like on social media, it’s hard for it to go away. Every once in a while, you should search your own name to see what digital footprint is being left behind. These days, your digital footprint can turn out to be a negative thing if you’re not careful. What you post can affect you for many years to come.
Be careful when purchasing online
A lot of people buy their items online, it’s just a part of the buying culture in 2018. With that being said, is to be diligent when you’re buying something online. There are some things you can do to ensure you’re completing a secure transaction.
- Make sure you’re purchasing from a secure website.
- Ensure your information is not saved.
- Make sure you are checking your bank accounts to make sure the purchases made are really yours!
Following these tips now can save you a lot of time and heartache in the future. No one wants to track down their stolen identity. By taking precautions now, you can truly save yourself a headache later. One last piece of advice, make sure you have an antivirus app installed on your phone to help protect again malware..
What tips would you offer someone trying to protect themselves while web surfing?
This post was written as part of the Allstate Influencer Program and sponsored by Allstate. All opinions are mine. As the nation’s largest publicly held personal lines insurer, Allstate is dedicated not only to protecting what matters most–but to guiding people to live the Good Life, every day.
- Top 20 Items For Minecraft Gifts - August 19, 2020
- Easy DIY Flintstones Costumes – Fred and Wilma Costume - August 17, 2020
- 38 of the Best Barbie Gift Ideas Your Little Girl Will LOVE! - August 12, 2020