This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
I'm sure I all would have to write in this post is that I have 4 kids and this is their favorite food. Any parent would understand. See my kids will eat almost anything we make for dinner but once a week I try to make something I know they like. So what makes that list? At the top is mac n cheese, then pizza, chicken nuggets, pancakes, and spaghetti.
Amazingly Easy Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
Oh, and let me mention my kids will eat the box mac n cheese, but they prefer I make home made. So I used to make my dad's baked mac n cheese recipe and they loved it. I love it and then grandpa let it slip that there were onions in the mac and cheese. See I diced them up so fine they never know because they were int he sauce and I was happy that I was sneaking in some veggies. So the next time I made it the kids watched me like a hawk. Yeah, thanks, grandpa!
So I went on the hunt for a new recipe. I tried being very blunt about the veggies and making Broccoli Mac and Cheese. Parents I'm sure you know how that turned out! My kids picked around the broccoli. Surprisingly one of my children loved it and I did too.
This slow cooker mac and cheese was my next try and it has stuck. No veggies in the base of it but as I can I tend to add in shredded carrots or zucchini. Try it out and let me know what you think!
2-8oz blocks of sharp cheddar cheese
1-11oz can evaporated milk
3 cups 2% or whole milk
Salt and pepper to taste
2 eggs- well beaten
1/2 stick butter
8 oz box of half cooked macaroni and Cheese
1. Cook your macaroni noodles about halfway through
2. In the bottom of your slow cooker, add your milk, evaporated milk, eggs, cheese, salt and pepper, and half stick of butter and mix
- 2-8oz blocks of sharp cheddar cheese
- 1-11oz can evaporated milk
- 3 cups 2% or whole milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 eggs- well beaten
- 1/2 stick butter
- 8 oz box of half cooked macaroni and Cheese
- Cook your macaroni noodles about half way through
- In the bottom of your slow cooker, add your milk, evaporated milk, eggs, cheese, salt and pepper, and half stick of butter and mix
- Add your half cooked noodles and mix
- Cook on high for 3.5 hours
- Serve with a little fresh ground pepper on top and enjoy!
I am a Wife, mom to 4 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- Perfect DIY Gift for Grandma From Operation Rocker and Cracker Barrel - August 19, 2017
- 17 Must Try Chinese Food Recipes You Can Make at Home - August 18, 2017
- The Most Amazing Kiwi Cream Tarts - August 16, 2017