This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
Fall and a trip to the local pumpkin patch go hand in hand. Kids love exploring pumpkin patches and enjoying all of the seasonal items there are to see. Before you head to the fall pumpkin patch this year, consider these 20 items to spy on a fall pumpkin patch trip. You will find that you can turn your pumpkin patch trip into a learning adventure the whole family can enjoy!
20 Fun Must Find Items on a Fall Pumpkin Patch Trip
If you wish, you can print out this list of 20 items to spy on a fall pumpkin patch trip and take it with you. Check off items as you find them, or even sketch pictures of them in a notebook. This way kids can always remember this special adventure!
1. Look for mini gourds and mini pumpkin varieties. See what different colors and sizes you can spot.
2. Spy some colorful mums and give them a sniff. See what other fall flowers you can find.
3. Look for some Indian corn and give it a feel. See what colors it comes in.
4. Find some pumpkins growing in the patch. Notice the vines.
5. Spy a hay maze and give it a try. See what items from this list you can spot!
6. Look for a scarecrow and take a picture with it.
7. Spy some farm machinery like a tractor.
8. Look for apples in various colors and varieties. See if you can spot any apple cider or apple beverages.
9. Spy white pumpkins in all shapes and sizes.
10. Look for bumpy or oddly shaped pumpkins. See if you can find any strange looking pumpkins.
11. Spy green pumpkins. They do exist and come in all shades of green.
12. See if you can spot a hay ride. If so, take one for a spin and see if you can find other items on this list.
13. Look for animals that might be roaming the pumpkin patch farm. Listen for their sounds.
14. Watch for birds nipping at the Indian corn. They love it! You might also spot various kinds of birds in the pumpkin patch field or around the mums.
15. Look for bushel baskets stacked up. Pumpkin patches often have these for storage.
16. See if you can spy a carved pumpkin or jack o lantern.
17. Look for pumpkin seeds or squash seeds.
18. Keep your eyes peeled or a farmer or farm hand taking care of the pumpkin patch.
19. Look for barns and stables where animals dwell or produce is stored.
20. See if you can spot bundles of hay.
Are your ready for a pumpkin patch adventure? Then consider this list of 20 items to spy on your fall pumpkin patch trip and see what a great time can be had! Kids will no doubt be more active and involved in the trip, making the most of the experience and soaking in some educational themes in the process.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- Easy Instant Pot Meatloaf with an Old Fashion Twist - February 14, 2020
- 5 Tips on Advancing Your Career and Managing Your Finances as a Military Spouse - February 11, 2020
- Top 6 Places to Find Items to Resell - February 10, 2020