This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
5 Easy Ways To Save On Groceries Without Clipping Coupons
Food budgets consist of the largest portion of many families budgets. These 5 Easy Ways To Save On Groceries Without Clipping Coupons are a great start for you toward staying within your grocery budget. Following these tips can save you hundreds of dollars a month, and potential for thousands per year. Some planning ahead is all it takes to save a lot of money on your family grocery budget.
- Buy Meat In Bulk: You can almost always get better deals on meat when you buy in bulk. That can be buying a side of beef once per year, or simply buying the larger family style packages in store when they are on sale at great low prices.
- Shop Clearance Produce & Breads: Almost every grocery store will have a cart or section in the produce department of items that have been clearanced. These are typically still in great usable condition, but may have a few spots or be a bit past their prime. Buy clearance produce, and clean it, chop and freeze to use in future recipes. Buy breads that are at their end date, but still good and use quickly or freeze to use later.
- Shop The Outside Of The Store: Not only is it healthier, you will find that you aren't falling victim to the last minute deals found in the aisles. Focus on things like meats, produce, dairy and dry goods that you can create hearty and healthy meals with. Avoid the filler items, cookies and unnecessary canned goods.
- Shop The Sales Papers: Watch your stores weekly sales ads. You don't have to clip coupons to get great deals on your favorite brands. Stock up on those loss leader too good to be true priced sale items. This is also a great way to save on seasonal items to put back for future use.
- Shop Discount Stores: Shop grocery outlets, and discount stores. Neither stores take coupons but you can score some great deals. Discount stores like Aldi don't offer many name brand products but you cant beat their prices! Grocery outlets watch the expiration date on what you buy and remember they most likely won't carry the same items the following week but they are worth the trip first to see what you can cross off your list.
Saving money on groceries doesn't mean you have to spend hours a week printing or clipping coupons. These easy non coupon ways to save on groceries are great for any family and budget. Planning ahead and paying attention will make the most difference in your grocery budget.
I am a Wife, mom to 4 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.