This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
Homemade Foaming Soap Trick That Saves You Money!
Hand soap is something we all need and use on a regular basis (I hope!) Well I have to say I am a fan of foaming soap it seems less ‘goopy’ (is that even a word?!) then regular hand soap. Plus my kids like it and are amazed by it so it’s a bit of an incentive to wash their hands. But foaming soap can cost more than regular soap. I’m not sure why when you can make your own and save a TON of money doing it!
How you might ask? Well the average bottle of foaming hand soap (without coupons) is about $3. You can get a bottle of regular hand soap for $1.47 on Amazon (no coupons). Using my trick below you can get on the LOW end 5 bottles of foaming hand soap (I tend to get 6-8). So for 5 bottles of foaming hand soap you are now paying 29¢ a bottle saving $2.71 a bottle. I figure with 6 of us in the house + guests in and out and having hand soap at 5 different location in the house (3 bathrooms, the kitchen and the laundry room sink) We go thru about 6 bottles a month (remember young kids that play as they wash their hands) At $3 a bottle we would be paying $216 a year. With this trick we now only spend about $21 a savings of $195 a year!
What You Need
- Liquid Hand Soap Don’t use the thick & creamy soaps. The clear-based soaps foam best!
- 1 Empty Foaming Hand Soap Bottle (ask friends and family for their empties!)
What You Will Do:
- Fill the Empty Foaming Soap Bottle with approx. 1 inch of your liquid hand soap
- Slowly fill the rest of the bottle with tap water.
- Put lid back on, and gently tip upside down & side to side to mix.
- Don’t shake (it will get too sudsy)
- Top 21 Gift Ideas for Crafters They Will Love! - November 8, 2020
- 21 Amazingly Perfect Gift Ideas for a Newborn Baby - November 7, 2020
- 20 of the Most Awesome Best Friend Gifts Amazon Has - November 4, 2020