This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
My husband has a slight obsession with ribs. He would be happy to eat them every day, much to the despise of my kids! To keep things interesting I try new recipes while still incorporating my husband’s favorite Slow Cooker Coca-Cola Smoky BBQ Ribs.
Applesauce BBQ Spare Ribs
5 lb Pork Spare Ribs (2 racks)
1 1/2 cup Applesauce
18 oz BBQ Sauce
1/2 cup homemade brown sugar
1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
Cut ribs into portion sized sections (about 3 ribs each)
Core and Slice your Apple and Slice your onion.
- Cut ribs into portion sized sections (about 3 ribs each)
- place ribs around sides and bottom of crock, meaty sie toward toward to crock,
- Spread apple slices over ribs.
- Combine onion, applesauce, brown sugar, vinegar and 1/2 of BBQ sauce in blender.
- Pulse until blended.
- Pour sauce over ribs.
- Cook on high 5 hours, or on low for 8 hours, until ribs are tender.
- Remove from slow cooker and brush with remaining BBQ sauce.
- To get more crispy ribs, transfer ribs to foil line baking sheet and broil for several minutes.
- Over 700 Free Pumpkin Carving Stencils From Disney to Kate Middleton - July 6, 2020
- How to Make the World a Better Place - June 26, 2020
- How to Keep Your Clothes Extra Clean & Make Them Last Longer with Gain Ultra Flings - June 24, 2020