This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
So this recipe enticed me based on the soda and liquid smoke. Figured what can it hurt to try it out. Well I got the ULTIMATE compliment from my husband. The rib lover who eats ribs. The Navy man who has eaten ribs in 6 different countries… He told me these ribs for the top 5 BEST he has EVER had. I about died. No joke I thought he was just trying to flatter me ya know 😉 but he was dead serious! Not a piece of meat left over on ANYONE'S plate!
If you try out this recipe let me know what you think!
3 1/2 pounds pork loin back ribs
1/4 cup packed homemade brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons liquid smoke
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 medium onion, sliced
1 can cola (we used Coke)
1 bottle barbecue sauce
1. Spray the inside of 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. Remove inner skin from ribs. Mix brown sugar, pepper, liquid smoke, garlic and slat; rub mixture into ribs. Cut ribs to fit slow cooker. Put sliced onions on the bottom of Slow Cooker than add ribs on top of onions. Pour cola over ribs.
3. Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 9 hours or until ribs are tender. Remove ribs from cooker. Drain liquid and onion from cooker and discard.
4. Brush ribs with barbecue sauce. Place ribs in cooker. Pour any remaining sauce over ribs. Cover and cook on low heat setting for one hour.
Recipe adapted from Red Tricycle
I am a mom to 5 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- The Easiest Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs Recipe - November 4, 2019
- 10 DIY Tailgating Games for Kids They Will Love! - November 1, 2019
- Weekend Clothespin Crafts with Discount School Supply - October 29, 2019