This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
This is a sponsored post by Verizon. All opinions are my own.
Do you have an aging senior citizen in your life who depends on you to provide some level of care? While you may handle assorted tasks that this individual can no longer safely complete by themselves, your elderly loved one might still want to feel slightly independent.
You want to be there for your loved ones to help them when they need it, but you do want to make sure they can feel as independent as possible considering the circumstances. In that case, there are ways to use technology to your advantage.
Provide Your Elderly Loved One With a Verizon Care Smart Watch
Allow your aging loved one to feel more independent by providing him or her with the Verizon Care Smart Watch. The watch was developed with seniors in mind, and it consists of advanced technology simplified for the aging generation.
- Instead of just telling time, the watch does much more than that. It provides seniors with a way to keep in touch with their loved ones with ease.
- Seniors can add up to 10 contacts to the watch, such as their children, close friends, or other relatives.
- Only the trusted contacts can get in touch with the older adult via Verizon Care Smart Watch, meaning there is no worry about scammers calling.
- Seniors can contact their loved ones with ease by pressing a button on the watch. Besides getting in quick contact with loved ones via call or text message, seniors will have access to an emergency contact button that they can use when they are in distress.
- Seniors can send their locations, set reminders, and stay in direct contact with those who care about them the most.
Is It Easy For Seniors to Use?
Loved ones of the elderly often worry most about introducing technology that might be intimidating or frustrating for seniors to use. However, the Verizon Care Smart Watch is the exact opposite.
- While it has a sleek, modern appearance and is up-to-date with some of the latest technology, it is still simple enough for anyone of any age to use.
- If you purchase the watch for the senior in your life, who may want to continue feeling independent while receiving some help from you, read the manual and provide the details on how to use it for your loved one.
- It is a lot like operating a traditional phone with less work involved because your loved one will not need to dial any numbers on the watch to make a call.
As seniors get older, they may struggle to complete tasks, such as bathing themselves, preparing meals, or even cleaning around the home. If you are assisting a senior loved one, you might want to consider getting the Verizon Care Smart Watch for them to use.
Although you will continue to provide support when needed, offering this technologically advanced watch is the perfect way to make your senior relative feel more comfortable and independent. Knowing that they can get in touch with you or other loved ones when they need to do so will make them feel a lot better.