This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
These DIY Crayon Valentines are a great way to use up any broken crayons! How do you know these are for you? Can you answer yes to either of these? Are you tired of giving the same old candy treats out on Valentine’s Day? Or maybe you want a non-candy alternative? Whatever the case may be, these Color my World Valentine’s Day crayon favors are the perfect solution. Simple and inexpensive to make, these favors will be a
Whatever the case may be, these Color my World Valentine’s Day crayon favors are the perfect solution. Simple and inexpensive to make, these favors will be a non-candy alternative children will be tickled to receive. Plus, they make for a great craft time with you and your child. Take a peek below at how simple these are.
DIY Crayon Valentines
Old, broken crayons
Non-stick cooking spray
Chances are you already have a great deal of these supplies around the home. Check before you purchase because if so, you can create these valentines for next to nothing. You can also use this heart mold to make your crayon if you wish.
1. Begin by peeling the paper off all of your crayons. Kids will love helping you with this and their tiny fingers make the job easier.
2. Break all of the crayons into smaller pieces and separate them by color.
3. Next, spray your muffin pan well. This will prevent the crayons from sticking.
4. Start dropping crayon bits into each cup. You want to fill it about 1/3 of the way. You can mix colors or use similar shades. The choice is all yours. For our sample picture, we mixed colors.
5. Place the pan in the oven at 325 degrees for 8-10 minutes. All ovens heat differently so check on the crayons frequently. You want to remove them as soon as they are liquefied.
6. Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes. Place the pan in the freezer so the wax hardens. Remove it when the wax is solid.
7. Pop the crayons out of the pan as soon as you remove it. They should be nice and firm and have taken shape.
All you need to do now is add a piece of tape or small dab of glue and press the crayon to a paper doily. You can include a memo such as “You Color My World, Valentine.”
Ditch the candy this year and opt for this fun alternative instead. Not only will your kid’s enjoy making these, but your budget will too. This is a great way to get hands-on with your Valentines Day card this year!
I am a Wife, mom to 4 kids, homeschool mom, blogger, social media junkie, Frugalista, Book Worm, and Closet Want-to-be Chef. We are a Roadschool family (homeschooling on the road while traveling fulltime).
I grew up learning ways to save from my mom and grandma. I started my own coupon journey when my first child was born in 2009 and started the blog on 2010 when baby #2 was born to share my tips with everyone who kept asking about how I was getting diapers for $1 a pack!
Click here to learn more about starting a blog.
Latest posts by Danielle, The Frugal Navy Wife (see all)
- Copy Cat Melting Pot Love Martini Recipe - February 8, 2019
- 5 Tips for a DIY Indoor Herb Garden - February 6, 2019
- 20 of the Most Awesome Best Friend Gifts Amazon Has - February 4, 2019