This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
If you are hosting a Dr. Seuss themed bash, you will want plenty of Seuss themed décor. This Dr. Seuss Book Banner is the perfect party décor piece and can be made on a dime. With just a few materials, and in just a few minutes, you can make this banner perfect for displaying in your entry way, on your food table, or wherever else you wish. Take a peek below at how to make your own.
Red scrapbook paper, blue scrapbook paper
Dr. Seuss book OR color copies of book pages
We went to our local craft store where scrapbook paper is just .25 cents per piece. You can find Dr. Seuss books at thrift stores you can use for your center design, OR, make color copies on your printer. The choice is up to you!
Related: 11 Dr Seuss Crafts and Activities
1. Begin by cutting out large triangles from your red paper. Cut out 5-7 in all. We used fancy scalloped scissors but you don’t have to, just use what you have.
2. Next, cut out 5-7 medium sized triangles from your blue scrapbook paper.
3. Then, cut out 5-7 small sized triangles from your set of Seuss color pictures. We looked for illustrations that included the Cat in the Hat himself.
4. Begin assembling your banner by gluing the medium triangles on top of the large triangles. Press until adhered. Once this set is dry, apply the third and smallest triangle on top of the blue triangles.
5. You can now transfer the triangles to the ribbon. Simply apply some glue to the back and press it to the ribbon. Press until adhered.
Your Dr. Seuss party banner is now ready for hanging. It is sure to add a pop of Seuss color and charm to your party!