This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
Don’t spend big bucks buying premade Dr. Seuss party centerpieces when you can make your own for less. If you are hosting a Dr. Seuss themed party or celebration, why not try crafting your own décor for less? Take a peek below at how to make a Dr. Seuss Party Centerpiece using just a few craft store supplies. It is easier than you may think and the end result is fantastic!
Cardboard tube (toilet paper, paper towel, etc.)
Red and blue scrapbook paper
Assorted pipe cleaners
Seuss color copies or book scraps
Look for a Seuss book at your local thrift store that you can cut pictures out of, or find some color copies of prints online that you can print. It is an easy and inexpensive way to get the Seuss book embellishments that we used in this craft and some of the others in this series.
Related: 11 Dr Seuss Crafts and Activities
1. Begin by wrapping your cardboard roll in the scrapbook paper. Cut it to fit and secure with glue. This will be the chimney of your hat.
2. Cut a large circle out of white paper. This will act as the bottom of your hat. Add a dab of glue to the cardboard roll (one end only) and press it to the circle. It should now look like the cat’s hat.
3. Cut a few triangles from the blue scrapbook paper. Glue them to the pipe cleaners (we chose red) like flags. Place the flags in the hat vase.
4. Cut out a color illustration from your thrift store book or color copies. Adhere it to the front of the centerpiece.
That’s all there is to it! Your centerpiece can now be displayed at your serving table, on end tables, or anywhere that guests will see them. They are such a fun and whimsical way to invite the charm of Seuss into your party space.
Gather your supplies and give these Dr. Seuss Centerpieces a try!
- Top 21 Gift Ideas for Crafters They Will Love! - November 8, 2020
- 21 Amazingly Perfect Gift Ideas for a Newborn Baby - November 7, 2020
- 20 of the Most Awesome Best Friend Gifts Amazon Has - November 4, 2020