This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
If you are celebrating Dr. Seuss with your kids or classroom, you may be looking for some fun and frugal Dr. Seuss themed games. This Dr. Seuss Red Fish Blue Fish Game is the perfect game for enjoying with a small group, as children will love sending the red fish into the air! You only need a handful of inexpensive supplies, so take a peek below at how to make your own Red Fish Blue Fish Game to enjoy.
Small fish bowl
Blue food coloring
Red gummy fish
We found small, glass candle holders that looked like a fish bowl at our local craft store. Gummy fish can be found in all sorts of colors at your local dollar store or grocery store. Take a look at these places and see what you can find.
Related: 11 Dr Seuss Crafts and Activities
1. Fill your fish bowl with water. Add a few drops of blue food coloring and stir well. Add more if you wish for your water to be darker.
2. Set the fish bowl on the floor. You may wish to put it on a table cloth or towel since there will be splashing and water may get spilled.
3. Move about fuve feet away from the bowl. You can place an X on the ground to mark the spot you want children to stand on.
4. Give each player a handful of gummy fish. They should stand on the X and take turns tossing the fish into the bowl. Listen to the kids cheer and laugh as fish go flying and water goes splashing!
The winner is the person who gets the most fish in the bowl. Let kids get closer if it is proving difficult for them, or further if it is proving too easy. Either way, this is a fun, Seuss themed hands on game they are sure to enjoy!
Gather your supplies and give this Dr. Seuss Red Fish Blue Fish game a try.
- Top 21 Gift Ideas for Crafters They Will Love! - November 8, 2020
- 21 Amazingly Perfect Gift Ideas for a Newborn Baby - November 7, 2020
- 20 of the Most Awesome Best Friend Gifts Amazon Has - November 4, 2020